9.

Layla's POV.

I'm sorry but I legit don't get it. It's like every guy - particularly footballers - just insists on getting with a girl that just isn't right for them. In any way.

Like! Can you feel my frustration right now?

Not that I really care about who is dating who anyway. I was just saying.

I mean, what's the point of being with someone who has nothing to offer and only specialises in just sitting still and looking pretty? Come on.

My phone vibrated on the bedside table, interrupting my thoughts and I reached out to get it.

A small smile made its way to my lips when I saw that amongst the few DMs I had, Jadon had sent me one as well. And I must say that I admired how persistent he was. I literally take hours to respond and I sometimes don't even respond at all but he still messages me anyway.

I decided to text him using my actual number instead of responding to his instagram. He earned it and I really just wanted to talk to him more.

The door opened and I looked up to see Camila peeking through it.

"You coming?" She asked.

"Coming where?"

"The guys and I decided to go take a walk on the private beach, you know just to get some air a bit. Come join us."

I shook my head. "Mh, sounds great but I don't feel like it."

"Fine then." She said, walking into our room. "If you aren't going out there then I'm not either."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on Mila, I'm sure Joe is waiting for you."

"Possibly but I came here with you, and if you're not having fun then I'm not having fun either." She sat on the bed next to me.

"It's not that I'm not having fun, I just..." I trailed off, unsure of how to put my feelings into words.

"You don't wanna see Trent?" She asked softly.

I was about to come up with some excuse but then I remembered that this is my best friend and if I don't talk to her, who will I talk to?

I nodded. "I don't wanna see both of them. Together."

She bit her lip, nodding in understanding. "Okay, you know what? We can just leave. That way you won't have to see the both of them."

She stood up and made her way to the closet, pulling out both our suitcases. I threw my head back, letting out a quiet sigh.

"No Camila, it's alright we don't have to." I made my way to where she was standing. "I can't possibly leave all of this just because some guy I didn't know a month ago is here with his girlfriend."

"You sure?" She questioned, her tone laced with concern. "I wouldn't mind leaving."

"Yes, yes I'm sure." I grabbed her arm. "Now come on, we wouldn't wanna miss that walk on the beach now."

Trent - or anyone else for that matter - doesn't deserve to have the power to influence my routine like that. I mean, imagine missing a good walk on the beach in this beautiful day just because some guy and his girlfriend are gonna be there. Sorry but can't relate.

Pretending that Trent wasn't here was something I did effortlessly before so it shouldn't be that hard pretending that him and his girlfriend aren't here right now as well.

~

"The skirt is supposed to be this short!" Camila exclaimed, trying to reason.

Joe had been complaining about and pointing out just how much he didn't appreciate the length of the skirt that Mila was wearing, and seeing the couple argue over that definitely was something to be amused about.

They were literally the cutest.

I may have not been enjoying my walk to the fullest but I wasn't having the worst time either.

I was laughing at how Virgil was defending Camila's skirt and Joe saying that he only thought the skirt was fine because he wanted to check her out, when my phone suddenly rang. With my ringtone being ridiculously loud, it definitely caught a few people's attention.

I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was an unknown number calling. I hesitated before answering, thinking that it was probably one of those annoying random calls.

"Hello?"

"Hey, uh, this is Layla?" The person asked. I didn't recognise the voice but I was certain it was a guy - I was gonna be very confused if it wasn't.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well good, for some reason I thought that maybe this isn't really your number." He chuckled softly.

I was about to ask who I was talking to but he beat me to it. "It's Jadon."

My eyes widened. I mean, I know I texted him with my number but I didn't expect a whole phone call.

"Jadon? The Jadon I've been talking to?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah." He laughed again. "That one."

"I wasn't expecting you to actually give me a call." I spoke, walking a little slower so that there'd be some distance between my friends and I. I didn't need anyone listening in on the conversation.

"I just kind of got the vibe that maybe you didn't believe anything I've been telling you, since we started talking." He said. "I mean, I told you I'm tryna get to know you but you didn't seem convinced. This is me trying to convince you that I'm being genuine here."

Again, effort.

The amount of effort he was putting in getting to know me was just... Sexy.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah. I know what I want." He said.

"And what is it that you want?"

"I want you."

I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face.

"Oh, you do?" I chuckled.

"Yes. And in case you didn't know, I'm very good at getting what I want."

Oh.

If I wasn't charmed before, best believe I was charmed now. I don't know about you but that legit just screamed big dick energy right there.

And I was here for it.

~

Please vote & comment xx