27.

Layla's POV.

I quietly yawned before feeling around the bed, searching for a certain body but I was met by an empty space and cold sheets.

"He's gone."

"Gone?" I questioned, my eyes fluttered open and they landed on Camila who was fixing herself in front of the mirror.

"Relax, I don't mean gone like dead, I mean he left." She chuckled.

"So early? They don't have training till 10:30, right?" I asked again, still a bit confused as to why Jadon left so early or didn't atleast wake me up before heading back to his room.

"No, they left for Portugal last night. I also woke up to an empty bed since Joe basically did the same thing - didn't even leave some sort of note." She rolled her eyes.

"Portugal?"

"Are you always this slow after waking up?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yes Portugal. Nation's League semi-final? Remember?"

I stayed silent for a while until it clicked and I let out a faint "Oh." It honestly had slipped my mind - not that I actually put in any effort in remembering it.

"You know, you're dating a footballer now so maybe it's time for you to actually consider caring and taking some sort of interest in football itself." Camila pointed out and I shrugged.

"I guess."

I got up, heading to the bathroom to freshen up as well before coming out a little over an hour later.

We both just lazied around in our room for hours, with nothing specific to do as we waited for kickoff. When the time finally arrived, Camila suggested that we head to Joe's room to watch the match there since 'his screen is bigger'. But I knew she was just missing him and was too proud to admit it.

"Okay so where exactly is the remote?" I questioned, looking around and she simply shrugged.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know, it's your boyfriend's room and you spend literally most of your time here." I stated, still staring at her.

"Yeah but we never get time to watch TV, if you know what I mean." She shot me a wink and I rolled my eyes before continuing to look for it.

After opening almost all the drawers in the room, I finally found the remote in one of them and was about to close it when something caught my eye.

There was a small, simple but still fancy box-ish container, neatly put inside the drawer. But as eye-catching as that was, what really got my attention was the small envelope under it, which had my name neatly written on it.

"How hard can it be to find a remo-"

Camila started but then went silent when she saw what I was looking at.

"What is this?" I turned to look at her but she just shrugged.

"All I know is that you probably weren't supposed to see it."

"But," I trailed off. "Joe?" I questioned to no one in particular. Why would Joe have anything with my name on it in his room?

My thoughts were interrupted by easy laughter next to me and I turned to face my best friend, giving her a questioning look.

"Please. Trent got this for you." She pointed out casually, but then her eyes instantly widened. "I mean I think he's the one who got it for you. I'm not sure." She quickly said before grabbing the remote from my hand and went to switch the screen on.

I bit my lip, debating on whether or not to see what it was. I mean, to be fair, it did have my name on it so technically, I had the right. Right?

I slowly reached for the small envelope and I just held it for a few seconds. I could hear Camila saying the game was beginning but I really couldn't bring myself to care about that as I neatly tore open the envelope.

"Wait, what?" I muttered in confusion as I pulled out two tickets. Concert tickets.

Along with them was a tiny note which read;

I can't even lie to your heart,
I love you. x

"Why would..." I trailed off, thinking out loud before I turned to Camila who was paying attention to the match that had just started.

"Mila." I called and she hummed in response.

"You said Trent got this?" I questioned and she hesitantly nodded, unsure if she was right to tell me.

"But," I started, my eyes moving from her to what I held in my hands. "These are H.E.R's upcoming tour tickets."

"So?"

"So why would Trent get tickets to H.E.R's tour? He doesn't even like her enough to follow her on Instagram. I doubt he even knows one song." I pointed out and Camila just shrugged.

"Yeah but you love H.E.R, and Trent loves you." She casually pointed out. "I'm guessing he was willing to sit through a whole show for you - just to see you happy."

I couldn't help but frown as I sat on Joe's bed.

"You know," Camila started. "He had pre ordered them since he didn't want them to sell out and I was supposed to give them to you but then things happened. And I haven't seen Trent since the incident that happened between you, him and Jadon which is why you found this here in Joe's room. I was the one who left it here. And about that," she motioned to the small box that was still in the drawer. "I'm guessing it's something he was gonna give you during or after the concert, I don't know. I didn't open it. He left it here too because he thought you might find it in his room."

How I wish I never left home.

That's the only thing I kept thinking about as Camila's voice filled the room. If I had just stayed back with my mom and spent my break with her, I wouldn't have found myself in such a predicament. I wouldn't even know these two boys existed.

But then again, they do say you're one decision away from a totally different life.

"One of the many reasons you and I are best friends is because we always tell each other like it is, right?" Camila spoke up after a short while of silence.

"Don't try to convince me that Trent and I were ideal just cause he brought me some concert tickets because we were far from it. We couldn't go a certain period of time without arguing and every conversation would automatically turn into a fight. We're too different. We have different opinions and we piss each other off more times than not." I scoffed.

If Trent and I weren't secretly 'hooking up', then we were beefing because we hardly agree on anything. And it was no secret that he was way too cocky for my liking sometimes.

"And that's exactly it - stubborn attracts stubborn, or whatever you wanna call it." She reasoned with a shrug. "You know, vibes don't lie. Everybody else can see it except for you. Yeah, you and him have had your fair share of moments where you've loved each other childishly. Yes, I said love - because that's what you feel for him whether you wanna own up to it or not. You know Layla you've made quite a number of mistakes, but choosing Jadon over Trent is probably the worst one."

~

~