4.

Layla's POV.

"I'm literally never letting you take me out again." I groaned as I plopped on the couch. My feet were killing me and I had the worst headache - which I don't get cause I didn't even drink.

Camila had promised that we'd be at that party for only a few hours which turned into the whole of yesterday's evening, and we ended up arriving at her place maybe half an hour before midnight.

"You had fun though." She said, joining me in the living room.

"That's highly debatable." I responded, causing her to roll her eyes.

"You know, you say that but I saw you enjoying Trent's company back there." She smirked.

"Who?"

"Trent. You know, the guy from yesterday? The one I found you talking to after I had left you alone for like 2 minutes?"

"Oh, that one." I said. I had legit forgot his name.

"Yes, that one." Mila continued and I rolled my eyes at the look she was giving me.

"First of all, that conversation didn't last any more than a minute. It wasn't even memorable enough for me to actually remember his name. So the sooner those ridiculous ideas leave your head, the better."

I only came here to put my feet up, relax and distress not to find some guy who's probably only gonna be adding to the stress I'm tryna let go of. And besides, a relationship isn't something I was looking for. At least not for now.

"Don't tell me you're still not over Nick." She turned her full body around so she could have a good view of my face.

I bit my lip, playing with the phone that was in my hands.

"You're not?!" She exclaimed.

I quietly sighed. "It's not that I'm not over him, I just... I'm still in the process of getting over the actual breakup." I said, hoping that it made sense to her as much as it did to me.

Nick was a guy I dated, wait no, he was a guy I wasted the last 4 years of my life on. Everything was great until one day he decided he didn't love me anymore - that's if he actually ever did. Having fallen for him, I obviously was in a bad space when he broke things off and even though that happened almost 8 months ago, I can't exactly say I was fully over it.

"He's not someone you should still be moping over. He doesn't deserve your energy like that." She said softly.

"Maybe. But I can't really help it." I shrugged.

As much as him breaking things off with me literally hurt me so much, I still have some kind of respect for him for not cheating on me and continuing to lead me on instead.

"I was with that guy for almost 5 years so getting over him isn't something that's gonna be that easy for me." I said and she nodded in understanding.

"I guess you do have a point. I mean, even though Joe and I have been together for just a year, it'd literally be the hardest thing to get over him. So don't sweat it, go at your own pace." She gave me a warm smile before attacking me with a hug.

"Why'd you think I'm here anyway? I'm not here because I wanna spend time with you or anything, I'm here to forget that idiot's stupid ass." I chuckled.

"And you know who'll help you get over Nick?" Her face lit up. "Trent."

"I swear if you mention that name to me one more time." I groaned, throwing my head back.

"He's cute!"

I made a face. "Erh."

"Did you literally just 'erh' him?" She laughed.

I mean, I didn't really see the big deal about him. But maybe the fact that I met him when I wasn't in the best of moods was clouding my judgement, just a bit.

"I'm just saying." I shrugged before unlocking my phone.

I'm pretty sure Camila continued talking but I really didn't hear her anymore since I was so occupied with my phone.

Nobody can really tell me anything when I'm on my social media.

I felt a cushion land on my face and I looked up to find her staring back at me with an annoyed expression.

"What?"

"I was talking to you." She pointed out.

"Well?" I asked, waiting for her to repeat herself.

"You should check out his instagram since you're most probably on there anyway." She said. "I mean, he hardly posts casual pictures where he's not in his jersey or anything football related but it doesn't matter, you'll still see how attractive he actually is."

"If you think he's SO hot then why don't you just date him instead?" I scoffed.

She most probably thinks I'm fronting but I swear I'm not. I wasn't the least bit attracted to the guy and maybe if she didn't shove the idea of me getting with him down my throat, I would've probably considered having somewhat of a friendship with him.

That's where things should start anyway, ain't it?

~

Please vote & comment xx