32.

Layla's POV.

"Wow, you look like a fucking mess." Camila commented.

"Thanks." I muttered, rolling my eyes. "Because I really needed to hear that."

"No I don't mean it like that. I mean, you look bad but not too bad. Like, you look messily put together."

"Yeah, because that totally makes sense."

I was so exhausted that I wondered how the guys survived today's training after a pretty wild two-day break.

"I don't even understand how — oh great." I murmured when we entered Joe's room, seeing that he had company.

"I'll just leav-"

"Grow a pair Layla." Camila whispered back, rolling her eyes.

"Don't tell me that. You're well aware of how things are between him and I right now yet you still brought me here."

I was annoyed and just about ready to turn around and leave the room when they looked up from the laptop they were occupied with and saw Camila and I standing there. I initially had thought it was just going to be her, Joe and I but I guess I thought wrong. And judging by the look on Trent's face, he wasn't expecting to see me either.

"Okay." Camila started, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had taken over the room. "It's just four friends hanging out, no big deal. Let's not make it awkward."

I just scoffed. Things got awkward the minute her and I walked through that door.

"Smart move guys, really smart. Go ahead, get me in the same room as the last person I want to see." Trent remarked sarcastically. "No seriously, why is she here?"

"Okay but there's literally no reason for you to be rude about it. I didn't know you'd be here too so give me a break." I rolled my eyes.

"You know what, I really don't have time for this." He got up from his seat, grabbing his phone.

"And you think I do?" I shot back. "Trent why are you so bothered? All I did was walk in the room and you just flip out."

"Why am I bothered? Really? With all the shit you're doing, you still expect me to be cool with you around?"

I quietly sighed, turning to look away. Of course that is what this is about - Jadon. I can't even say much on that because I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

"I wish you would allow yourself to see that things aren't always how they seem." I said quietly. "And you really aren't innocent either."

"Maybe not but I never looked you in your face and lied about my feelings for you - unlike you. Your story always changes."

"And you never do no wrong, right? I'm always the one who's wrong when it comes to us, aren't I?" I scoffed. "You know you, along with your friends, have been giving me hell about this Jadon thing when you still have your ex girl on speed dial!"

"Okay yeah. I did reach out to Riley, so what?" He shrugged. "I mean, I was just 'the other guy' to you anyway, right?"

"Wow, you guys are such a mess." Mila commented before her and Joe exited the room, leaving us alone.

"Trent don't say that." I frowned. "I want to tell you the truth but I just, I don't know what will happen if I do. I don't know what Jadon will do - I don't know what he's thinking, I don't even know if you'll believe me! My own mind is messed up and I'm still trying to fig-"

"Yeah, no. Don't give me that bullshit again. What could he have done so bad that you can't tell me about?" He argued.

I slowly sat on Joe's bed, burying my face in my hands. I feel like I'm in a fucking movie and it's so infuriating.

"You know Layla, you had somebody that really cared. I really thought we had something special but this is it, it's done. We end it here completely."

"I swear sometimes I don't feel like talking to you and it's for this exact reason. You don't ever want to hear me out. Like you're seriously so frustrating and so stubborn! Just fucking trust me for once, please!"

"Trust you, you say." He let out a sarcastic laugh. "Now that's funny. Layla I'm not even gonna lie to you - you'll never know a good thing. And I don't even see the point of me being in your life, or you being in mine at this point."

"Trent stop." I stood up and walked towards him, gently grabbing his hand. "Don't do that."

"Don't do what?"

"Don't give up. On me...on us."

"Look, I'm not trying to draw this out or argue even more with you so I'll just leave." He was ready to walk out the door but I quickly grabbed his arm.

"Trent if what you feel for me is as real as you claimed, then please, just give me the benefit of the doubt. I mean, I'm helpless but just, give me time or something - I don't know, anything." I literally begged.

"At this point, I really don't care what comes out your mouth. I won't listen. It's done."

"Are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm joking to you?" He spat, snatching his hand away. He didn't even give me a chance to protest since he quickly left the room.

I was almost in tears because that was the thing about us - we'd always yell and scream about how much we hated one another and all of that but we'd never mean it. This time around though — I knew Trent and I knew that every word he just said, he meant it.

It really is done.

~