14.

Layla's POV.

"You know what, I can just postpone it. Yes, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm just gonna tell him that I have a fever." I said, plopping on my bed after a full 3 minutes of pacing around.

Camila looked at me in amusement. "You're scared to meet your man?"

I rolled my eyes. "Please. Of course not. I just, don't think it's the right time." I shrugged, trying to sound casual about it.

Man, of course I was scared! What you mean? We're talking about Jadon here and even though we've been talking literally all day everyday, to meet him face to face was a whole different thing. And besides, some people act completely different once you meet them in person.

It had been almost 2 weeks since we got back from the resort and I hadn't seen Trent - or anyone else for that matter since then. Joe also didn't come around Camila's place much either.

Even though I hardly knew much about football, I still knew that the Uefa Nations League would be resuming soon so the England squad met at St George's Park to start with the preparations for their very important upcoming matches.

And we all know what that means.

Yes, I know it means you thots are gonna be blessed with seeing all those English men together but that's not the point here. The point is, I'll finally get to meet my boyfriend in person. That is the main focus.

I also finally told Camila about Jadon and I since I couldn't really keep it to myself any longer and just had to tell somebody. She wasn't against it but she wasn't exactly over the moon either.

"You're folding." She chuckled.

I scoffed. It's not that I was chickening out or anything, I just wasn't ready.

"Look," she continued. "Don't worry about it. It's normal for you to be nervous like that, I'd actually be worried if you weren't." She placed her hand on my thigh before standing up.

"Now get ready, big day ahead." She winked before walking out.

I let out a dramatically loud sigh, laying on my bed, and just stared at the ceiling for a while - trying to delay this meeting each other thing a little while longer.

~

"Are we there yet?" I questioned, my eyes slowly opening, landing on Camila who was tapping her fingers on the steering wheel to the song that softly played on the radio.

We had been on the road for the longest time that I even fell asleep. Camila had told me that it would take around 2 hours to get to St George's Park from London and I initially didn't believe her until now.

"10 more minutes." She glanced over at me, shooting me a smile.

I silently groaned. I was so over this car ride and my body was starting to ache. And just thinking about the fact that we'd have to drive back to London again just gave me headache.

"Shit is that it?" I sat up on my seat when I saw that we were approaching some sort of facility.

"Yup." She grinned.

I shuddered, my nerves resurfacing again. But I knew I had to pull myself together one way or another.

"Hey," Camila said, using her one hand to nudge me as the other remained on the steering wheel. "He's gonna love you."

"Well I just travelled a whole 2 hours for him, so he better. Or we're gonna have a problem."

Camila simply laughed, shaking her head as we approached the entrance. We stopped for security and she took out some papers - or file rather - which I wasn't exactly sure what it was and she handed it to the man in uniform. He gave her a firm nod and we proceeded inside.