21.

Layla's POV

I let out a quiet sigh before lifting my hand up to knock on the unfamiliar door. After the third time, I concluded that maybe he was already asleep - since it was very well late - and I began walking away, until I heard the door open.

I could tell that he was a little taken aback which I understood because I too was quite surprised that I was actually standing in front of his door right now.

He opened it just wide enough for me to walk inside and I heard it close behind me.

"Didn't think you were still awake." I spoke up, breaking the silence.

He just shrugged. "Can't sleep. Got a lot on me mind."

I smiled to myself. With that accent, I could literally listen to him talk the whole night.

"So," he started, turning to look at me. "Why are you here?"

"I thought that maybe we could talk, you know since we were kind of interrupted earlier."

"There's nothing to talk about." He pointed out plainly. "I already said all I needed to say."

"Okay well you don't have to say anything, just listen then."

Not that I'm even sure of what to say.

He simply nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets before staring at me.

"Look, I got your point earlier. And you know, I kind of like, uh... Well I just-" I sighed when I failed to put what I was thinking into words. And the fact that he was just standing there, staring at me, wasn't helping.

I nervously bit my lip, slowly walking towards him, hesitantly wrapping my arms around his neck as my fingers found his hair. His eyes were fixed on mine the entire time but I couldn't read the emotion behind them.

I figured that if I can't tell him what I wanted to say, I may as well just show him.

Standing on my toes a bit, I slowly leaned in, our lips connecting soon after. The feeling was foreign yet very much familiar. He didn't push me away but he didn't kiss me back either which left me kind of confused.

I pulled away but my arms remained in the same position as I looked up, locking eyes with him. Even though his gaze was now soft, those same eyes were still somehow warning me to be cautious of the way I handled myself from this moment forward - as if telling me not to start something I can't handle.

"Well are you gonna say anything?" I questioned as I stepped back, his silence starting to make me a little nervous.

"So you're done pretending not to be interested?" He smirked.

"Shut up." I muttered, turning to look away to hide the blush that instantly made its way to my face.

He laughed but a few seconds later, he turned all serious again, causing me to give him a confused look.

"You know what this means right? Are you fully with me?"

"I guess-"

"No Layla, I'm going to need you to be certain because there's no turning back once we cross a certain line." He stated, still giving me that intense look.

I know that this wasn't exactly the time for these kind of thoughts but man, seeing him like this had me so turned on.

I bit my lip, walking towards him. "Does this give you the confirmation you need?" I asked when we pulled away, having given him another kiss - with even more emotion and passion this time.

He chuckled, effortlessly lifting me up so now my legs were wrapped around his waist as he guided us to his bed, where he gently laid me down.

There was just something about the way he looked at me, something that just made me completely let my guard down.

"Stay here tonight." He said softly.

I didn't know what this meant for us or how we'd be able to go back to what we were and how things were but right now, I didn't really care. And I knew I was playing with fire but when it came to him, I was willing to get burnt.

~