10.

Layla's POV.

I exited the bathroom and made my way to the bed, instantly closing my eyes as I tried to fall asleep. For some reason, I was restless and sleep just wasn't coming easily for me tonight.

I heard a light knock on the door and my eyes opened as I looked at it in confusion. Who could possibly be still up at this time - except for me of course.

I got up, putting my sleepers on before making my way to the door, hesitantly opening it.

"Trent?" My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we talk?"

"It's literally 1am." I pointed out.

"I know but you're still awake, and I just really need to talk to you."

I shook my head. "I can't. Camila's asleep and I don't wanna wake her up."

"Layla I know Camila isn't here, she's sleeping in Joe's room tonight." He said, shutting my excuse down.

"We can just take a walk if you don't feel comfortable with us being in your room." He continued.

I sighed before finally giving in. I walked out, closing the door behind me and we started walking to I don't know where.

"So, what was so important that you had to drag me out of my room at 1am?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing, I just, I couldn't sleep and I just had a feeling you were awake as well. For some reason." He shrugged but I wasn't buying it.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I questioned. Even saying the word literally left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"In my room. Sleeping."

Judging by the way he just said that, I could tell that he didn't wanna talk about her.

"You never told me you had a girlfriend." I said, glancing at him.

"You never asked."

I rolled my eyes, it was evident that I wasn't gonna get anywhere about this with him so I just dropped it. It's his business anyway so I shouldn't really care.

We somehow found ourselves in the balcony, with the view of the city in front of us.

It was fairly beautiful.

"Layla," He started, turning to look at me.

I just hummed in response.

"Do I make you feel some typa way?"

I'm not gonna lie and say that his question didn't catch me off guard, because it did. Like, these are the type of questions you ask someone through text so that they have enough time to think of a response. Not in person.

"What? No. You don't, and that shouldn't even be a question." I scoffed, turning to look away.

"Be honest."

"There's nothing to be honest about!" I exclaimed.

"Then why are you getting all defensive?" He asked again.

And to be honest, I didn't appreciate all these questions that were being thrown at me at 1 in the fucking morning.

"I'm not!"

"Okay then, fine." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets, turning to fully face me. "But you do."

"I what?" I questioned.

"You make me feel some typa way." He said softly.

I wouldn't say I froze but I just stood still for a couple of seconds, unsure if I heard him right.

"What?" I finally spoke up, turning to look at him.

"You heard me."

"But," I started. "You have a girlfriend. You have her."

"She's back there and I'm here with you right now, aren't I?" He said quietly, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that she's there." I pointed out, my own words kind of making me sad.

Not to sound bitter or anything but I don't even get what attracted him to her anyway. She just wasn't... She didn't deserve to be his.

That's the simplest way to put it.

He didn't say anything but just took a step closer to me, causing me to take one back.

"Trent." I breathed out when I felt my back against the wall.

He placed his hand on my cheek and I felt the other arm making its way around my waist.

"Tell me to stop and I will." He said, leaning in.

"Trent please."

I wasn't sure if I was begging him to stop or to continue but I'd like to think I was begging him to stop.

"If you do this, there won't be no going back." I said, my voice barely over a whisper.

"Then tell me to stop." He locked eyes with me.

We stood like that for a second and when I didn't say anything, he smirked. "That's what I thought."

And with that, his lips met mine and I literally melted. As cliche as that shit sounds. It wasn't rushed, it was just subtle, warm and tender. We really just wanted to savour the moment.

I wasn't exactly sure what this meant or where it's going or how it's gonna end, but right now I really couldn't care less.

He was mine, even if it was just for a few minutes.

~
Please vote & comment xx