11.

Layla's POV

We were all just hanging around, engaged in a pretty random conversation as we all sat around the fireplace. The weather was surprisingly bad today and most people decided to stay in their rooms - except for us. Shocker.

"It was just," Hendo trailed off, trying to find the words. "Till this day, I still can't find the perfect words to describe that moment." He said.

Camila had just asked him what it felt like holding the Champions League trophy as Captain for the first time and you could just tell that it still hadn't quite sunk in yet - even after all these days.

I couldn't help but smile at him, he deserved it - they all did.

"Hey guys." I looked up to see Riley, smiling at our friends before taking a seat. Trent followed right after.

"You two are up quite late." Joe commented, as he casually played with Camila's hair, who was laying on his lap.

"Didn't get much sleep last night." She giggled with a wink.

I made a face. Nobody needed - or rather wanted - to know that. Three, maybe four days had passed after the incident and this is how things have been - neither of us was planning on talking about what happened. Evidently. He seemed to grow closer to his girlfriend instead.

But I didn't sweat it much. He's a dude and if he's a dude, then he's a dick. Automatically. And I know I'm right.

My phone rang on the couch next to me and I picked it, looking at the caller ID.

Jadon x

About what I just said, that if he's a guy then he's a dick... Well, except for Jadon Sancho.

I literally beamed and my whole face instantly lit up. I tried to play it cool a bit but honestly just failed miserably. I stood up from the couch and excused myself before walking to a distance so I could get a bit further away from my friends.

This is a good example of what's been going on the last couple of days. I mean, I know I can't exactly have any guarantees since we've only been talking on the phone and have never actually met, but this guy has literally been contributing so much in my good mood lately.

He has legit been working over time to prove to me that he's actually serious about me and whatever it is we got going on.

And to be fair, I felt the same way too.

He's just... Everything. And I'm not even exaggerating. He's super funny, isn't scared to actually voice out and tell me his feelings - like most guys are these days. He listens, my God, he is such a good listener. I've literally told him things about me that I only told some people years after knowing them - and it hasn't even been a month with him. He doesn't remind me of anyone and it's attractive as fuck.

And well, you know, he's a whole snack too.

We eventually hung up since he had to rush somewhere and I went back to join my friends.

As much as I tried to ignore it, I could literally feel Trent's stare as I approached where they were and sat on my previous spot on the couch.

"Okay spill it. Who is he?" Camila sat up, looking at me expectantly.

"Who is who?" I shrugged.

"We're not stupid. We know you've been talking to a guy, you've literally had that smile on your face for the past I don't know how many days after you receive a certain text or phone call." She pressed.

"You don't know about him either?" Virgil asked, quite surprised that I haven't told my best friend anything. "This must really be something then."

"No, I just, it's still the early stages of the relationship-"

"So it's a relationship." Hendo interrupted.

"No. I mean," I trailed off, unsure of how to put it. "Well, yeah you could say that. But like I said, it's still like super early and I wanna see where things go first before I actually put a label on it."

"Can we atleast get the name? That way I could find him on social media or something." Camila said.

"Hell no. Now the name is what you're not gonna get. Atleast not for now. I'll tell you when the time is right."

And by 'when the time is right' I mean when I'm certain that both my heart and my kitty only yearn for him and him only.

~

~

Please vote & comment xx