The Cat's Out Of The Bag

Warning! abuse, blood, violence.
(Narrator POV)
It'd been a couple days since the kiss but Murphy and Raven still weren't officially dating.

Mainly because Murphy wanted to be sure that she was completely over Wick and Raven didn't want to ask and make him seem like a rebound when he wasn't.

Long story short, they were waiting a little bit longer before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend.

Tonight there was a party happening at one of the cheerleader's houses and one at a football player's. Usually that wasn't the friend group's scene, but they were all in a party mood so everyone was planning to go to the football player's party and skip the cheerleader's.

That is, until half of them bailed. Octavia, Finn, Luna, Jasper, Maya, Bryan, Miller, and last but not least, Murphy all had to cancel.

Octavia was going to a championship thing with Lincoln, Finn and Luna were celebrating their anniversary, Jasper and Maya were invited to go ski at some cabin, Bryan and Miller were having dinner with Bryan's parents, and Murphy gave no explanation.

That left Raven, Emori, Fox, Anya, Roan, Ontari, Monty, and Harper. They also decided to go to the cheerleader's party instead because the only reason that they were going to the football party was because of Finn.

Now, the whole plan was different and they only had half of their squad. Emori and Raven were worried a bit about Murphy because his message was cryptic, at best.

Of course, the two girls were extremely worried, but Raven was unaware that she had received a much different message than Emori.

Raven's message was:
From Street Smarts ;) > Hey, can't make it tonight. Something came up, I'll text you if it is handled quickly. Have fun xo.

Emori's message was:
From Thing 2 <3 : In trouble involving my mom and who is apparently her new boyfriend. Didn't even know that she was getting out of the house but whatever. Tell nobody, I'll text you tomorrow. Don't worry :).

His stupid little smiley face gave her absolutely no comfort. The fact that his mom now had a boyfriend who was most likely stronger than Murphy, was terrifying. This new guy could kill Murphy, especially since it would be two against one.

As they started walking up the stairs to the party, Emori decided that she couldn't do this. She turned and slipped past the people who were behind her group. If she could just sneak away then she could go help Murphy.

Unfortunately, when she got to the end of the driveway, everyone noticed her absence and ran down to her. She hung her head in defeat and let out a sigh.

"Where are you going?" Monty asked. He had some theories about Murphy's home life and none of them were too pretty. He too, was concerned for his friend's safety.

Emori glanced to Anya, Roan, Ontari and Fox before she spoke. "I think Murphy is in trouble. You all go party and I'll make sure he's alright."

"Wait, you think something's wrong?" Raven asked with alarm. The rebel teens all looked at each other with a gaze that implied they were having a silent conversation.

"He may be in danger." Roan said truthfully. "He's scrappy though and he's tough. I don't think he'll get hurt." Trying to comfort both currently frantic girls.

"You could be wrong though! If he gets hurt and nobody is there, it'll be like 9th grade all over again!" Emori said with a large amount of worry and annoyance. The delinquents' eyes went wide with alarm, but before Monty, Harper or Raven could ask about whatever happened in 9th grade, she continued. "Now, I'm going. You can join me or not."