Prom

(Narrator POV)
Ah, Prom. What an awful/wonderful time to be alive. Every teenager in town was currently losing their marbles over something. The high school had gone mad. Everyone shopping, trying to get a date, pick an outfit, when to go, how long to stay, who to go with, all that and more!

Raven on the other hand was rather chill. It'd been a few weeks since the concert and everything with Murphy was running swimmingly. She had no worries.

She was done shopping, she already had a date, she had her dress, the time and schedule were locked in and she was feeling oddly at peace.

She was going with Murphy, this time as officially more than friends. Boyfriend and girlfriend. She thought homecoming would be her first and last dance with him, but oh boy, was she wrong!

Murphy was also feeling pretty chill. His girlfriend was effortlessly perfect and he already had a suit so he had this one in the bag. No problems would arise and he didn't have to desperately hide his feelings anymore.

The others in the friend group were also feeling calm and confident. Everyone else at the school, however? Oh, they were all panicking majorly. Raven and Murphy would calmly walk down the halls with the rest of their relaxed friend group while holding hands, and literally everyone else was rushing about.

It was confusing because there was no way most schools were like this. They had to have more chill than this school of chickens with their heads cut off.

Once again, the girls grouped together and so did the boys. Except this time it was a bigger deal so the reveal was more important. Because of this, Bryan went with the girls and Emori went with the guys to keep their partners from seeing them before it was time.

The boys and Emori went to Finn's house again and they ordered a giant limo that would come get them soon and then they could go get the girls and Bryan at Octavia's house.

Jasper was wearing an all black tux, black shoes, a white shirt and a light blue tie. Monty was wearing a grey tux, black shoes, a black shirt and a neon green tie.

Finn chose a dark grey tux, white shirt, black shoes and a navy blue tie. Miller wore a dark red tux, black shoes, a white shirt and black bow tie. Roan wore a black t-shirt, black jeans, a black tux jacket, black combat boots and a loose black tie. Lincoln was wearing a black tux, black shoes, a white shirt, and a dark purple tie.

Emori chose a long dark grey dress with long flow-y sleeves and a boat neckline, white heels, a white lace choker and white string bracelets. She did dark grey makeup, she painted her nails white and her hair was in a side braid with white flowers woven in.

Lastly, Murphy was wearing a dark red dress shirt, no jacket, black jeans, black combat boots, and a black tie. He also wore some studded black earrings, a couple bracelets and to Raven's request, some lightly done black eyeliner.

They all got ready and while all the dudes were waiting for Emori, Murphy decided to help her get ready so he went upstairs and started doing her hair.

Once she was done, they got in the limo and headed for Octavia's house. The girls were still in the process of getting ready but the limo would take a few minutes anyways.

Octavia chose to wear a long dark purple dress with no sleeves and a halter neckline. She had black boots, many silver bracelets, some dark purple makeup, a series of silver rings and purple and black nails. Her hair was in a bun with intricate braids incasing it.

Maya was wearing a long sky blue dress with a Queen Anne neckline. She had a diamond necklace, a white watch on one wrist, chipped blue nails, and white strap heels. She had light blue makeup and her hair was left down with a blue flower behind her ear.

Harper was wearing a long emerald green dress with an illusion neckline with no sleeves. She had light beige makeup, dark green heels, and a gold bracelet. Her hair was in a half up do with a golden barrette.

Luna chose a long navy blue dress with spaghetti strap sleeves and a jewel neckline. She had dark blue ankle boots, a black leather choker with a moon symbol, and blue makeup. Her hair was straightened and put in a ponytail.

Bryan was wearing a black tux, black shoes, a white shirt and a red bow tie. Fox was wearing a white suit, a white shirt, white combat boots and no tie. Her hair was up in a ponytail.

Ontari was wearing a long black dress with long sleeves and a v-neck. She had long black nails, a black lace up choker, a couple black rings and black combat boots. Her hair was down with many braids weaved in and her makeup was dark.

Anya was wearing a long black dress with thick tank top straps and a plunge neckline. She had black thigh high boots, a silver bracelet that wound half way up her arm, chipped black nails and a long silver necklace. Her makeup was intense and her hair was down.

Last but not least, Raven. She wore a long red silk dress with long sleeves and a plunge neckline. She had a golden necklace, gold nails, golden bracelets, some gold rings and some red heels with a strap. Her makeup was red and gold and her hair was down and flipped.

The limo pulled up right as all the girls came downstairs to announce that they were ready to go. They all bounded out the door to see the guys and Emori standing outside the limo. There was a collective gasp when everyone saw their partners.

Everyone looked amazing and it took their breaths away. After a moment of staring, all the teens got back into the limo and started toward the prom.

They arrived and everyone got out of the car. When they stepped inside, a lot of eyes flicked to them and jaws dropped. They looked like a group from some fictional story where they could just walk in and own the room. The friends didn't realize that they were pretty much the it group.

Normally the most popular group is only full of jocks and cheerleaders, but this school seemed to be run by a group of seemingly awesome teenagers, preps, nerds and rebels alike. Truthfully, the group was nerdy, but still cool and honestly the only real group at school.

They were like a lion pack in a way. The preppy kids like Finn, Bryan and Harper would protect the nerdy kids like Jasper, Monty and Maya from the bullies. Meanwhile, the rebels like Murphy, Emori, Anya, Ontari and Roan would protect everyone in the group from anything. You attack one of them, and you attack them all.

Everyone immediately got on the dance floor and started jamming. Eventually the song slowed and they joined their partners in a slow dance. Fox took over the DJ stand while she waited for her friends to be done.

Raven and Murphy were slow dancing as the song hummed on. Murphy had his hands clasped behind her back while her arms were around his neck. Their heads were right next to each other.

"I never thought I'd get to dance with you again." Murphy mumbled while they continued to sway. Raven looked at him carefully.

"Me neither." She said and then smiled ever-so slightly. "The whole time we were dancing, I was trying not to think about how we never would again." She admitted.

"Same. Turns out we were both wrong." Murphy grinned and they kissed for a moment. "How many more dances do you think we have to look forward to?" Murphy asked once they pulled away.

Raven grinned. In her head she thought that they would have many more or at least one. She could see herself marrying Murphy which was freaky because she never thought that with any other guy.

She could see herself spending the rest of her life with him. Having a family with this sweet, misunderstood rebel of hers. Sharing vows and a home. They'd be happy, that was something she had no doubts about. Finally, she replied.

"I think we'll have a lot of dancing to look forward to."

A/N Sorry that there wasn't much talking! Hope you enjoyed and keep reading! There's only about 2 chapters left.