Hatred

(Narrator POV)
It was the day after Morgan called. A Saturday that so far consisted of Murphy getting out of bed and showering. Oh! And he ordered a punching bag from an online store.

He hadn't slept well, but he still got out of his cozy bed, showered, brushed his teeth, shaved, and otherwise groomed. He got dressed in a navy blue hoodie with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black jeans and dark blue high top vans. He also had his wolf bracelet on one wrist, black beaded bracelets on the other, black stud earrings in, and a necklace with a raven on it, but that was under the hoodie.

Then he proceeded to pour himself a bowl of cereal and sit on a stool in the kitchen to eat it. He supposed that normal people had dining tables but none are big enough to fit his entire friend group and most of his friends don't mind sitting on a cushion on the floor. Also, since when is he normal? Never, exactly, so why should he do what normal people do.

He heard a knock on the door and jumped slightly. He wasn't expecting anyone and he was in the middle of a bite.

After he swallowed his food, he spoke. "Who is it?!" He hollered even though he was only a few feet from the door. He heard someone gasp a bit which made him furrow his brows in confusion.

"Morgan Murphy, I'm looking for John Murphy." A female said from the other side of the door and it was Murphy's turn to gasp.

"No John Murphy lives here! Sorry." He shouted so she could hear and quickly finished his cereal before putting the bowl in the sink.

"I know it's you. Your voice sounds just like dad's did." She said and Murphy cringed a bit. He didn't think he sounded anything like their father, but maybe he was wrong.

"Look, I don't want to talk to you." He said and started to pace like a caged animal. That's essentially what he was at the moment because he had no form of escape except for the exit that she was currently blocking.

"John, I just want to get to know you." She said and Murphy got really irritated that she said his first name. Clearly, he didn't like it if he went by Murphy so why was she constantly saying John!

"Murphy! My name is Murphy! Quit calling me John. There are reasons I go by Murphy, it isn't just for fun." He heard her sigh with exhaustion which made him smirk a bit. If there was one thing Murphy was good at, it was intentionally annoying people.

"I'm sorry. I just want to know my brother and I don't see what you have to lose. Just a few minutes where I can learn a bit about you and then I'll leave. Please." She said desperately.

Murphy went and stared through the little peephole on the door to get a look at her. She had dark brown hair that went just past her shoulders, it was darker and wavier than Murphy's. She had grey eyes, a small amount of freckles, and pale skin. She was wearing a black sweater, grey jeans, black heels, a light amount of makeup, and silver dangling earrings. She looked sad and desperate to see him.

"Fine. A few minutes and that's it." Murphy said and opened the door. Her eyes went wide like she wasn't expecting him to have actually aged.

She took in his medium to light brown hair, piercing blue eyes, tattoos, pale and freckle-less skin, and his dark outfit. He had a look of indifference on his face which was so weird to her considering that he almost never stopped smiling when he was little.

"What do you want to know? I wanna get this over with." Murphy said and gestured for her to sit on one of the stools while he remained standing.

She also gazed around at his apartment. It was beautiful and the art was very nice. She wondered where he got it all.

"Let's start with school. How are your grades? Are you in any clubs or sports?" She questioned and couldn't help but watch him go to the fridge and get a water. It was weird seeing him as an adult after being away for 9 years.