part one

— Three years ago

-

When the police found you, three years had passed. You went missing for three years but you couldn't remember a thing. The only traces of what happened to you were the numerous scars covering your body.

You stayed a week in the hospital and you refused to see anyone but your parents. When you were finally given permission to leave after the doctors judged they made you go through enough exams, you decided to go back to your parents' home as you didn't want to be alone and they were more than happy to have you close to them.

When you entered what used to be your bedroom when you were still a teenager, you looked around you, your heart beating fast. Nothing had changed. It was the same room as three years ago. The posters on the wall, your plushies, even your little plants were still alive. Your parents hadn't touched anything and you were back as if everything was normal. However, the feeling that something wasn't right constantly reminded you that everything had changed. Nothing would ever be the same.

-

— 8 days ago

You opened your eyes, feeling cold and dizzy. You immediately heard your mom's voice near you and you looked at her, not understanding what was happening. She looked exhausted and different from the last time you saw her... She looked like she went to hell and came back after fighting all her demons. It confused you even more as you remembered seeing her not so long ago and she was perfectly fine.

"Mom... Why am I here ? What's wrong ?" you said with a raspy voice. She froze for a second before stroking your hair carefully, as if she was afraid to break you. After a minute, she finally said something, and you wished you hadn't asked in the first place. You wished you hadn't woken up.

Choosing her words carefully, she started to explain what happened to you and if you hadn't noticed the spark in her eyes you loved as a kid had disappeared, you would have thought everything was just a bad joke.

You had been missing for three years. No one knew what had happened the day you disappeared. No one knew what happened the day you came back. Someone found you in the middle of nowhere, covered in dirt and unconscious, and now you just woke up and you couldn't remember anything. Three years had passed and you had not a single memory of this time period. Three years of your life had just faded away and you were left there, not understanding a thing.

After remaining silent for a few minutes, your eyes wide and your mouth slightly open, one name came back to your mind. Jungkook. The only one you cared about, the only one you needed at the moment. You knew that even if for now you were only shocked, you would probably break down soon and you needed Jungkook to be with you when it would happen. He had always been the one you could lean on anytime, the one who was always there for you when you felt like you had nobody. You asked your mom about him, your voice shaking.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry... He fell apart when you went missing, he spent his days looking for you, asking everyone if they had seen you, he did so much to find you... But after a year, he had to move on, I told him he had to keep on living. He is young, he couldn't hold onto you forever. He met someone, they immediately got along and she-"

You stopped listening, your world falling apart once again. As if losing three years of your life wasn't enough, you also had to lose the love of your life. You lay back on your pillow slowly before closing your eyes, just wanting to go back in time. You wondered what you did wrong, what you did to deserve this. You wanted to go back to the day Jungkook was still yours, to the day you were still some random girl, you wanted to erase those years, you wanted all of that to never have happened. You just wanted to get your life back, but you knew deep inside that what was done was done and you could do nothing about it. You had to accept it and live with this heaviness inside of you.

-

After coming back home, you didn't call anyone. You didn't even know why you couldn't contact your friends, you just couldn't. You stayed home for days, not going out even once, spending your time reading newspaper or watching TV to catch up with everything you had missed. You only talked to your parents, doing your best to always keep a smile on your face to avoid worrying them. You already felt bad for making them go through a nightmare for three years, you didn't want to make them sad now that you were back.

You often wondered if your friends even cared about you after losing you for years. You wanted to ask your parents if some of your friends really cared when you went missing, but you didn't dare and you were also not sure you wanted to know. That's one of the reason why you didn't text anyone : what if they didn't want you back ?

It still probably worried your mom despite your effort to appear happy because after a week spent locked inside the house, you received a text from your best friend.

And that's how you got on with your life, contacting your friends again little by little

And that's how you got on with your life, contacting your friends again little by little. You avoided contacting Jungkook as you didn't want to enter his life now that you weren't supposed to be a part of it anymore. You didn't want to destroy what he had built with someone else as it would be cruel to his girlfriend. Maybe they even already had bigger plans for the future so you really didn't want to interfere in their relationship despite your heart being broken.

Isn't it how life is ? Everything happens for a reason, and maybe Jungkook and you weren't meant to be and the universe had found its way to prove it to you.

—————
heyy so here is the first part, i hope you enjoyed it.
i'm trying something new with this story so i hope it will turn out good.
if you have any questions because something wasn't clear, ask me !

broken ghostsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara