part eight

The same dream. Every night, you had to endure this dream —or should I say nightmare. Every night, the same scenario : you woke up in the dark, hit your head, realized your legs were tied and you were in a car, then the trunk opened. Every night, you woke up shaking in fear, covered in sweat, flashbacks playing in your head.

It got to the point you were afraid to fall asleep at night more than anything. You slept with the lights on, music playing to calm you down, but it wasn't enough. That's why you decided to go back to the psychiatrist with Jimin : you couldn't endure it any longer and you thought it might help to talk about it with a professional.

You were now sitting in front of your psychiatrist, Dr Choi, fidgeting while both her and Jimin waited for you to talk. You took a deep breath before eventually starting to tell them what made you change your mind.

As you were narrating your dream, you could feel Jimin getting more tense next to you as the doctor kept a blank face. When you arrived to the moment you were realizing your legs were tied, Jimin took your hand and pressed it, probably horrified you had to go through this every night.

"And it just feels so real... almost like a memory rather than a dream." you ended, looking down. Dr Choi took a moment to write something on the little notebook she always had before looking up at you with a comforting smile.

"Okay, it's great you came to talk to me about it," she paused before continuing with a soft voice, "You said it almost feels like a memory, could you elaborate ?"

"I don't know, it's just the way I feel. Like I really feel the fear and all as if it was really happening, it's not like a usual nightmare. And it's always exactly the same scenario, everything happens exactly at the same moment."

You could feel Jimin's stare as you talked and you almost regretted bringing him here as you didn't want him to pity you.

"It could be a memory," she started slowly and Jimin pressed your hand a little more as he held his breath, "but we can't be sure of it so I don't want you to panic or anything. However, I think trying stimulus could help us find out what it really is."

You looked at Jimin, wondering if you should try it. He gave you a comforting smile, shaking your hand a little.

"Do what you feel ready for Y/N," he said softly and you turned back to the doctor.

"I will think about it."

-

You were getting out of the appointment with Dr Choi when your phone rang. You expected it to be Taehyung or Sunhi but your blood froze when you read the contact name.

Jungkook.

You read Jungkook's text over and over again, asking yourself what you should answer

You read Jungkook's text over and over again, asking yourself what you should answer. You didn't really know if you wanted to see him but in the same time you missed him like crazy.