part thirty

"Why did you bring me here ?"

You looked at the city beneath you, the cold wind that seemed to always blow in this time of the year making your hair fly around your face. You were on top of the hill, the place that held so many memories from your life after.

"Why wouldn't I ?" Jungkook answered, his hands making their way to your waist, pulling you closer to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck unconsciously, fitting just right in his embrace.

"I don't know, we haven't come here in a while," you said, looking deep into his eyes.

"All the more reason then." He pecked your lips sweetly. "I just wanted to spend some quality time with you, don't you want that ?"

"I guess I don't have a choice," you said with a smile and he rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Don't act like you're not in love with me," he breathed out against your lips, sending shivers down your spine, "We both know we're head over heels for each other."

-

A moment later, you were lying side by side on a blanket laid on the grass, the horizon facing you while the sun was going down in the sky. He had brought food and everything needed for a romantic night, and you'd be lying if you said it didn't give you butterflies. It was your first date night since you got back together and this place was perfect for that.

"What are you thinking about ?" he asked with a soft voice, his fingers tracing patterns on your stomach.

"Nothing in particular," you started quietly, "How happy I am."

He smiled, leaving a few kisses in your neck before looking back at your eyes. He was always gazing at you with a mix of love, adoration and satisfaction in his eyes and it made you feel like the most cared about person on earth.

"Can I ask you something ?"

He nodded, his hand on your stomach tickling you slightly. You loved these moments, when it was just the two of you and it felt so intimate again, you felt so close again. As if nothing had ever happened.

"That night when we gazed at the stars together, you told me you used to think there was nothing more soothing than to look at the stars on top of the hill," you started and his hand paused, resting on your body.

He hummed, his eyes getting lost in yours. You'd almost think he wasn't listening to you if he didn't have that spark in his eyes you knew all too well. The spark that showed you all his focus was on you, on your words, on your thoughts.

"You never told me what is the most soothing thing to you now," you finished, playing with the hem of his shirt.

He let out a little smile you didn't quite know how to interpret. He didn't immediately answer, letting a silence settle between you, only interrupted by your calm breaths.

"It's you."

His calm voice eventually got you out of your thoughts as you were still gazing at him. It was barely above a whisper, but it was enough to make your heart beat faster.

"Me ?" you breathed out, a blush spreading on your cheeks as you held him tighter, his scent making your head spin deliciously.

"There's nothing more soothing than to look at you," he whispered, his soft smile matching the one that had formed on your lips. "When you're right next to me and I can feel your warmth and your scent is all I can smell, this is the most soothing thing."

You kissed him without containing your smile as his hands held onto your waist, pulling you closer.

"You're so cheesy," you whispered against his lips, making him chuckle softly.

"You love it," he said with a deep voice before pulling you on his lap, your legs circling his waist as he was still lying on the blanket. You took a few seconds to stare at him looking up at you, to appreciate the pretty smile and sparkling eyes that were only for you.

"You're right," you smiled, caressing his cheek, "I love you."

"And I'm in love with you," he breathed out before catching your lips in a kiss, his hands always pulling you closer. However, just when you were going deeper into the kiss, he let go of your lips.

"What-" you started, not understanding why he would break the kiss right when it was getting interesting.

"You're gonna miss the sunset !" he said out of breath, making you look behind you at the sun. You let out a sour laugh, your hands on his chest while you were sitting on his lap.

"You really interrupted us just for the sunset ?" you said, a bitter feeling in your chest. He didn't answer, sitting up so your faces could be at the same level. You looked at him, raising an eyebrow while he just had the biggest smile on his face.

"Happy anniversary my love," he eventually whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear before slowly kissing you. You felt a shiver run down your spine hearing his words and you wrapped your arms around his neck, suddenly feeling a lump in your throat.

"Is it why you brought me here ?" you said with a weak voice, breaking the kiss and resting your forehead against his. You couldn't believe he actually did this, even after being separated for three years.

"I wasn't going to stop celebrating our anniversary just because something came in our way," he said softly, his eyes looking deep into yours, "This day is still ours, and it will always be."

You bit your lip, feeling tears burn your eyes. You didn't want to cry, not when everything he did was make you happy, but tears still came for some reason. A few streamed down your face, but you didn't wipe them.

"Thank you," you whispered, and he wrapped his arms tighter around your waist, your noses brushing against each other. "Thank you for making me so happy."

"You're the love of my life Y/N," he kissed a tear away, "I hope I'll only ever make you happy."

And this was enough to make you burst in tears, because how come you were so loved ? How come someone as amazing as Jungkook felt this way about you ? How come you found each other so young and held on even after so many hardships ?

You snuggled your face in his neck as he stroked your back, shedding a few tears as well. You held onto each other tightly, as if time didn't exist and the universe was just about you, about the way you fitted so well in each other's arms, about the way your souls felt so close.

And this moment was probably the moment you both realized you were no longer broken. You had each other, and it was enough.

You'd always be enough.

FIN