part twelve

You woke up covered in sweat, your heart beating way too fast. You had had the same nightmare once again but this time you woke up when the person was carrying you in their arms. You looked around you and calmed down a little when you recognized the sleeping faces of Jimin  and Jin next to you. You looked at the time : 1am.

You knew you wouldn't be able to fall asleep at the moment so you decided to go for a walk. You silently got up, being careful not to wake up the two boys and you left the tent quietly, looking for a pretty spot to look at the sky.

You soon found a spot from where you could see the pretty scenery lightened by the moon. You stayed there for who knows how long, thinking about anything as your heartbeat slowed down little by little and the memories of your nightmare faded away.

You were gazing at the stars when a branch cracked behind you. You turned around, staring at the dark woods, your heart beating fast once again. A few seconds later, Hoseok's face appeared between the trees and you smiled, reassured.

"Y/N ! Everyone is looking for you," Hoseok said as he walked to you hurriedly.

"Why ?"

"What do you mean why ? You disappeared in the middle of the night, we were all worrying," he said as he reached you, "Some of them were freaking out."

"I'm fine, really, no need to freak out," you sighed as he stared at you. You knew it was stupid of you to go for a walk without telling anyone but you were an adult after all, you needed some independence.

"Why did you get up in the middle of the night ?"

"I just.. I had a nightmare."

"A nightmare ? What do you mean ?"

"I mean it's more of a memory. From the day.. you know. This day."

Hoseok gazed at you as if he was trying to read your every expression.

"Do you mean you remember ? You know who-"

"No, I don't. I always wake up just before seeing anything important," you said as you looked at the scenery, your throat a little dry.

He was about to add something when a shout echoed behind you.

"Oh my god Y/N !"

Taehyung ran towards you, a worried expression on his face.

"Do you realize how scared I was ?! You can't just disappear like that, you can't-"

"I'm fine Taehyung," you cut him off as he hugged you briefly.

When he let go of you, he glanced coldly at Hoseok next to you before looking back at you, checking you out to make sure you weren't hurt.

"You could've told us you had found her," he said to Hoseok as he put an arm around you protectively.

"I was with her, she was safe. Didn't think about telling you."

"Yeah whatever, just tell us if it were to happen again."

Taehyung then led you back to the tent, asking you if everything was okay softly. You didn't like how he was always quite aggressive towards Hoseok but you understood he was just worried about you.

When you both arrived to the tents, they were all gathered looking worried. As soon as they noticed Taehyung and you approaching, they all ran to you to make sure you were okay. As you answered their questions, you noticed Jungkook gazing at you from behind them. He stayed in the background as if his place wasn't near you, as if he didn't know if he had the right to worry.

When your eyes met, you saw how relieved he was despite him not asking you if you were okay. You thought he would look away quickly but he seemed to be lost in his thoughts as he stared at you. You looked away from him to answer something Jimin asked and when you looked back at Jungkook, he was walking away towards his tent.