part twenty-eight

When knocks on your door finally echoed in your apartment, a smile immediately formed on your lips and your heart was filled with joy before you even opened the door. As soon as Jungkook's eyes shined in front of you in the dark, butterflies flew in your stomach without him doing anything.

"Come in," you whispered, not wanting to disturb your neighbors, and he tiptoed inside with a grin.

Once the door was locked behind you and the lights turned on so that you could see each other, he pulled you in a hug, snuggling his face in the crook of your neck, his nose tickling your skin.

A moment later, you were cuddling on your couch, soft music playing in the background as you talked about anything. Just like you used to.

At one point, a silence settled between you and you relaxed in his arms, feeling his calm heartbeat under the palm of your hand resting on his chest. He was tracing patterns on your back mindlessly. It felt intimate.

You wanted to kiss him.

You looked up and your eyes met his pretty ones. His hand on your back stilled, and his heartbeat increased under your hand. You gave him a soft smile, your eyes sparkling, and his heartbeat calmed down.

You glanced at his lips, and a faint blush spread on your cheeks. You knew he understood, because the tension between you got heavier suddenly. Your every sense was more sensitive now, your nose filled with his scent, your ears filled with the sound of his heavy breath, your eyes filled with the sight of his beauty —you were only missing the touch of his lips against yours and his taste in your mouth.

His eyes left yours to stare at your lips, sending a shiver down your spine. You felt loved. You felt desired. You closed your eyes, melting in this feeling. When you opened them again, you were longing for him more than ever.

And slowly, almost unconsciously, your faces got closer to each other, little by little. You closed your eyes again, anticipation growing in your stomach. However, while you were craving to close the small gap between your lips, he stopped just before your mouths sealed together. You held your breath, your heart beating out of your chest.

"Y/N," he breathed out and you opened your eyes to look into his hesitant ones. An unspoken thought floated between the two of you, and now that you knew how he was probably feeling, you didn't shy away.

You waited for a few seconds, looking deep into his eyes while your heart seemed to beat faster and faster with time passing. He was gazing at you as if the rest of the world had disappeared and it was just you, you and you. A shiver ran down your spine.

"I need you," you eventually let out with a shaky voice, sounding more vulnerable than what you had expected. He hesitated one more second, but eventually pressed his lips against yours slowly.

And it was so gentle, so soft, he was so careful, it made you want to cry.

However, as your lips started moving together, the both of you exploring the sensations again, a salty taste invaded your mouth slowly. You opened your eyes only to realize he was crying quietly, tears running down his face without him doing anything to stop them. His hands were resting on your waist carefully, as if you were glass and he was afraid to break you. As if one wrong move could make you shatter.

"Jungkook," you breathed out, breaking the kiss. He opened his red eyes, unconsciously leaning towards you again as if he was already missing your lips.

"Why did you stop ?" he whispered, looking at you with something in his eyes you eventually recognized was fear. He seemed afraid you didn't want to continue —as if you could ever change your mind when talking about Jungkook.