part sixteen

TAEHYUNG'S FOCUS

Taehyung and Jungkook were playing video games at Taehyung's place, just like they used to.

"I won again," Jungkook said with a smile, "Loser," he whispered before getting up to go to the kitchen, just in time to avoid getting hit by Taehyung.

"It's because I'm tired, I can totally win this game against you," Taehyung said with pettiness.

"Yeah yeah whatever," the younger said with a smile, bringing back snacks for the both of them.

He sat down next to Taehyung again when his phone rang. He glanced at it before turning it off, looking back at the TV.

"Is it Soyeon ?" Taehyung asked innocently, seeing how Jungkook's mood had changed suddenly.

"Hmm," he just replied, avoiding Taehyung's look.

"Does she still talk about buying a house with you ?"

"Sometimes."

Taehyung sighed, annoyed by the attitude Jungkook was giving him. Before you came back, they would tell each other everything without holding back because they were that comfortable with each other. Now Jungkook wasn't acting like himself and seemed to be keeping everything inside.

"Listen Jungkook," Taehyung started hesitantly, "I didn't want to talk about Y/N today because it's just one of our chilly days and I didn't want to ruin the mood but I can't keep that for myself-"

"If you're going to tell me I have to make up my mind, I already know that so save your oxygen," Jungkook cut him off and Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't want to assume anything I swear, but I just want you to be careful with what you choose to do," he said, "You have to remember one day she'll be too tired to chase after you, and then it will be too late."

Jungkook stayed silent, closing his eyes and resting his head back on the couch. Taehyung waited for him to say something, looking at his best friend hoping he would finally listen to him. He knew he was being annoying but he was convinced you were what Jungkook needed and wanted, he just didn't know it yet. That's why he couldn't risk to see Jungkook lose you because of his inability to make choices.

"Can we just go back to playing ?" Jungkook finally said after what felt like an hour, and Taehyung sighed but turned towards the TV again, not arguing anymore. He just hoped his words had been heard and Jungkook wouldn't mess up.

-
-

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

"What is the last thing you remember from before you went missing ?"

You closed your eyes, feeling your doctor and Jimin's stare on you. You took a few seconds to think before talking.

"I left the apartment-"

"Which apartment ?" Dr Choi asked, probably looking for as much details as possible.

"Our apartment... with Jungkook," you said quietly, ignoring Jimin's worried face.

"Okay, keep going and be as precise as you can."

"I left our apartment and I went to the grocery shop because I wanted to buy snacks-"

"We didn't find anything you bought this night," she cut you off and you thought about what you could have done other than buy something.

"I think I met someone before going to buy my snacks. I met someone on the parking lot," you said, desperately trying to make a face or a voice come back to your mind. "I don't remember who it was..."