epilogue

Shouts were echoing in the apartment, tears were flowing and hurtful words were screamed.

You looked at Jungkook through your tears, a feeling you wouldn't know how to describe taking over you slowly. He was staring at you harshly from across the room, his jaw clenched as if he was keeping himself from saying something he'd regret.

"You don't understand, do you ?" you asked with a shaky voice and he crossed his arms, not answering. You shook your head, sadness filling your heart. You waited a few more seconds, the naive hope he would say something, anything, keeping you from leaving.

However, when you saw the anger in his eyes wouldn't fade a bit, you finally turned around and left the room. You put your shoes on silently, grabbed your car keys, not minding Jungkook anymore. You didn't even know where you were going to go, you just knew you didn't want to stay here with him.

A few seconds later, you left the apartment, the door closing behind you leaving you in the dark of your building. You waited a little, not leaving the step of the door yet. Your heart was beating fast in your chest as the same weird feeling as before took over you again. All of this was just a little bit too familiar.

You were about to go down the stairs, heart heavy and tears streaming down your face, when the sound of your door opening echoed behind you. You stopped but you didn't turn around, too upset to look at him.

"Y/N, wait," Jungkook let out behind you with a shaky voice. A second later, his arms were surrounding you from behind, holding you tightly against him. You stilled, his embrace not feeling right as anger still filled you, but you let him do. "Don't leave, please."

You took a deep breath, your throat tight. He snuggled his face in your hair, breathing in your scent as if he had feared he would lose you forever. At one point, he started holding you so tightly it began to hurt, but he wouldn't let go as you tried to release yourself from his arms.

"You're hurting me," you whispered and he immediately let go, giving you the opportunity to turn around and look at him. However, as soon as you started taking a step back, he brought you in a hug again, your cheek pressed against his chest. He softly stroked your hair as he held you close to him, and you soon realized he was crying silently. And as much as you were mad at him, you still loved him too much to ignore his feelings. "I'm not leaving, Jungkook."

He choked out a sob as his grip on you became slightly tighter. You didn't know what to do, your arms resting on your sides awkwardly as you didn't feel like hugging him back, not when anger was still leaving a bitter feeling in your heart.

"You can be mad at me, but please stay in the apartment. Stay with me," he let out, his fear showing in his voice.

That's when you understood that familiar feeling that had taken over you earlier. All this, your argument, Jungkook too mad at you to even talk to you, you leaving the apartment at night while crying, it was all too familiar. It all reminded you of that one night. And you knew it was the reason Jungkook wouldn't let you leave and was holding onto you crying.

"Okay," you whispered, a lump forming in your throat as you felt tears come again, "Let's go home."

———
i'm thinking about writing a bonus chapter, tell me if you'd like me to do one and if yes, what do you want to read ? it could be anything, flashbacks or future moments, i'll see what inspires me

-

PS: i know an epilogue probably isn't supposed to look like that but i love parallels and cycles so i really wanted to add this :)