part twenty-six

You stared at your phone, a bitter feeling twisting your stomach

Of course you were mad at him, he wouldn't ever get this wrong. He had always known when you were upset. He knew you. However, you couldn't tell him anything, because he had done nothing wrong. It wasn't his fault.

You were mad at him because he made you feel like things were back to normal, as if you were still together and everything was still perfect. You were mad at him because he wasn't yours anymore, but how could you take him for responsible ? He was just being himself, holding your hand, making your heart beat faster or your cheeks blush. It was just him being himself.

You should've told him to sleep somewhere else. You were the one at fault. If you had let him leave the night before, your heart wouldn't feel so broken now.

-

"Okay, tell me what's wrong."

You looked up at Namjoon who was watching you with a comforting smile. You pretended not to know what he was talking about, letting out a sour laugh.

"What ? Everything's fine," you said, playing with the grass you were seating on to distract yourself.

"Is it about who I think it is ?"

"Might be," you reluctantly answered after a moment, knowing he always knew everything without even asking anyway.

"What happened ?"

You looked away from his piercing gaze, discomfort taking over you. You weren't so fond of talking about your feelings, even more when it was about Jungkook.

"Nothing," you started but his face showed you lying to him would lead you nowhere, "I just, brought my hopes up for no reason. But nothing happened."

He nodded softly, and you knew your confession was in good hands. He wouldn't repeat it to anyone and that's what made it all easier.

"Why don't you make it happen ?"

"What ?"

"You said you brought your hopes up for nothing. Make it happen, this way you won't have to be mad at the universe," he said calmly, watching your reaction carefully.