Whos dreams matter more?

It was a rainy afternoon and Meredith just got out of a ten hour surgery. All she wanted was to go home and sleep. When she got home Derek had already put the kids to bed. "Meredith" he said "we need to talk". Meredith looked at him with concern in her eyes. "It's nothing bad" he said. "I got a phone call from the president and he wants me to come to DC and work for him". Meredith wanted to yell but nothing would come out she was so mad. She turned away and started walking towards the bedroom so she could go take a shower and than go to bed. "MEREDITH DON'T JUST IGNORE ME SAY SOMETHING" Derek yelled after her. She turned around to face him and he could see the anger in her face. "first off don't yell at me or you might wake the children up. Second off I'm not ignoring you I'm just trying to process what you said to me without yelling at you but since you want to yell I guess it's cool if I yell now. Third off HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK ITS OK TO TELL ME TO FOCUS ON MY CAREER AND THAN GO AHEAD AND POTENTLY TAKE A JOB IN DC KNOWING THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO FOCUS ON MY CAREER IF YOU DO. DOES MY CAREER EVEN MATTER TO YOU DEREK"? Derek was stunned Meredith never yelled at him like that before. "Mer the work I'm doing matters just as much as what you're doing". She turned away and slammed the bedroom door and locked it so he couldn't come in.