I choose you

Meredith's eyes opened as she looked around she saw that Andrew wasn't in the room, but Alex, Derek, and Jo were. Alex saw that Meredith's eyes were open and said " you guys she's awake". They all got up from their chairs to go check on her. She looks at Alex and says "where is Andrew. Please get Andrew". Derek wondered why she was asking for Andrew. When Andrew came in Meredith said "can you give us a minute". They all left the room even though Derek wanted to say something but he kept his mouth shut. Meredith asked Andrew when everyone left the room "did you really mean it when you said you loved me and you always have?" Andrew smiled and brushed his fingers on her face and said "yes Meredith and I will always love you". Andrews pager started going off. He touched Meredith's hand and said "I'll come see you later I promise". She smiled and said "bye".

Derek came back in and said "Meredith I'm so glad you are okay and I'm so sorry for being such an ass. Please tell me how you and Andrew know each other". She looked up at him and said "Derek I forgive you but I still want you to go to DC because you won't be happy if you stay here the kids and I will be okay until you come back. Andrew and I dated for 10 years we were childhood sweethearts. We met in 3rd grade and fell In love, but we broke up two months after we graduated because he wanted to go to Med school and I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't wanna be like my mother so we choose to take different paths, and I never thought I'd see him again until I did that day in the hospital". Derek looked at the ground than back at her "do you still love him"? Meredith grabbed Derek's hand and said "I will always love him Derek but I choose you".