Aftermath of fight

It was the next morning and Meredith woke up, went to the kids room and checked to see if they were still asleep. She then left the room and went to the living room to find Derek sleeping on the couch. She didn't want to argue so she let him sleep and quietly got the kids up and ready so Derek wouldn't hear them. Once they were all ready she said "we aren't going to eat here today, let's go to uncle Alex's". They got in the car and left without waking up and telling Derek. When they got there Meredith asked if they could have breakfast and of course he said "yes". While the kids ate their breakfast Alex looked over and saw Meredith crying. He walked over to the sofa where she was sitting and sat down next to her. "Mer what's going on"? Alex asked. She tried to speak but the words wouldn't come out as she started crying harder. Alex hugged her. She started to calm down and catch her breathe "Alex can you please take the kids to school? I don't think I can go to work today I really don't feel well". Alex shook his head and got up and said "Okay guys lets go before you are late for school". Zola walked over to Meredith and hugged her "bye mommy I love you. I hope you have a good day". Meredith smiled, kissed Zola's head and said "thank you baby. Be good for uncle Alex and aunt Jo. You have a good day at school. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home tonight".

Derek woke up to the sound of his pager going off. The house was empty there was no note or anything. He rushed to the hospital. When he got there he went straight to the O.R. After his surgery he went to go find Meredith. Alex was standing at the desk trying to find a patients chart. "Alex do you know where Meredith is"? Derek asked. "No and even if I did I wouldn't tell your pathetic ass". Derek then wondered where his wife could be so he walked to the chiefs office and asked Owen "have you seen my wife?". Owen said " she called in today for a personal day".

Derek drove home that evening wondering where his wife could be. It wasn't like Mer to just disappear and not go to work. When he pulled into the driveway he saw her car. She was packing bags into the car for her and the kids. "Meredith where are you going"? He asked. "Look I love you Derek but I need a few days to just get my head together. The kids and I will be at Alex's. I'm sorry Derek I just I don't want to argue with you right now".