The fight

Tonight Meredith was going to talk to Derek. She didn't know what was going to be in store for them but she really hoped that it wouldn't end with her slamming a door and him on the couch.  After the conversation last night Meredith didn't know how she was going to do it but she knew that she had to do what's best for her and the kids. "Fine you want me to go Meredith I'll be out before you get home tomorrow". Those words played in her head all day while she was at work. She caught herself crying again.

Meredith had been crying since yesterday  so she decided not to go to work today so she called Owen and said "Owen I know I've already been off a lot this week but I need another personal day"  "No problem I get it". Owen said. Meredith got the kids up and took them to school and she was going to ride on the ferry boats today to clear her mind.

Derek went to the house knowing Meredith was at work so he didn't have to run into her. He got all his stuff packed it in his truck. Then he headed towards the hospital to resign. He walked down the hall to the chiefs office. Derek walks into the office and says " Owen I have to talk to you". With concern Owen said "What is it Derek?". Derek revealed the paperwork in his hands and threw it on the desk and said "I'm handing in my letter of resignation effective immediately". "That's why Meredith didn't show up today" Owen said. Derek looked at Owen with concern And said " Meredith didn't show up today?".