she falls asleep on you

you and melissa were on the couch watching tv

you and melissa were on the couch watching tv. she had came in from work a little over a hour ago.

she looked very tired and her eyelashes were batting frantically, trying to stay awake.

you watched her do for a while until you spoke up. "are you tired baby?" you ran your hand down her back.

she just shook her head and rubbed her eyes. you chuckled quietly and watched her doze on and off.

you grabbed a soft blanket on the side of the couch covered you and melissa.

"lay down, sweet," you gently pulled her towards you.

"no y/n, i wanna watch the movie with you." she mumbled, her voice full of sleep. you giggled and continued to coax her into sleeping.

"no, baby, i haven't seen you get some rest in a while."

"but, princess..."

"go to sleep, mel," you told her sternly but softly. she sighed and laid her head on your chest. she always does that so she can hear your heartbeat.

you ran a hand through her blonde hair and rubbed her back. you put the blanket over her more so she would be warm and kissed her forehead.

this was a time that you finally saw melissa peaceful. her shoulders had dropped and her breathing was gently and slow. she just looked so innocent.

this is the calmest you've seen her in days.

you reached over melissa to turn off the lamp. you decided to sleep on the couch because you don't want to wake up melissa, and you were very comfortable.

you kissed her forehead once more and fell asleep.