she loses a loved one

you were laying on the couch one late night, waiting for melissa to come home

you were laying on the couch one late night, waiting for melissa to come home. it was almost midnight.

five minutes from then, you hear the door unlock. melissa shut the door slowly walked over to you. you sat up to talk to her.

"hi baby. i missed you." you smiled hugging her, and when you pulled away, her eyes were bloodshot red. "woah babe, have you been getting sleep. your eyes are super red."

"umm y/n, re-remember when i t-told you that my grandma was in the hos-hospital for her cancer treatment ?"

"yeah ? bub you're scaring me." you held her sweaty, shaking hands. "umm, she didn't make it." melissa broke down, falling into your body and resting her head on your already drenched shoulder.

"oh, my love, come here." you took her small figure into your arms, rocking her and whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"i'm right here, princess, i'm right here." you soothed her, feeling tears welling in your eyes as well. you loved mel's grandma. she came to your college graduation, and some of your soccer games.

and you hated to see melissa cry. the both of you stood in the exact same spot, just swaying calmly and light kisses to the ear.

"hey sweetheart, how about we snuggle in bed. we don't have to watch a movie though. i just want you to be comfortable." you reassured her. she nodded.

and just like that, you and mel were cuddled together in your warm bed. she let out a jagged breath and closed her eyes. she looked so exhausted from crying.

"y/n/n ?" she whispered. "yes, lovely ?" you played with your hair.

"i just wanted to say i love you so much and thank you for being so good to me. you always care about me first. i think you are the most perfect girl in the world. my love for you will never stop." she kissed your cheek as another tear fell down your face and mel wiped it.

"please don't cry, princess." she snuggled into your neck more.

"i love you more mel." you whispered. your girlfriend had always rendered you speechless when she had very kind words to say about you.

she went to sleep with a soft smile on her face, even though you knew she was still in pain. you did too, shutting the lamp off and drifting off.