you have a nightmare

you shot up from the bed, sweat dripping from your forehead

you shot up from the bed, sweat dripping from your forehead. you looked over to your left, and saw melissa was still peaceful sleeping.

you went downstairs to get some water. your mouth was dry as death valley. you stood by the kitchen island and rested your head on your forearms, trying to take some deep breaths.

you felt a hand on back, making you jump up and look behind you. "hey princess, it's just me. you ok?"

you shook your head no and instantly buried you head in her shoulder. it comforted you even more because of her soft jumper she was wearing.

you let out a small sob. "oh, babygirl." she whispered, rubbing your cheek softly. "you wanna talk about it?" she ran her fingers though your hair.

"no. just hold me, please." "ok shhhh, you're ok." she kissed your temple. "let's go back to bed, yeah?" she lifted you up into her strong arms.

when you gonna back to the bedroom, melissa moved you so that you were snuggled into her chest, hearing her heartbeat.

you let out a content sigh. her scent was always calming to you. "go to sleep, babygirl." she kissed you head.

you closed your eyes and fell asleep knowing that melissa kept you safe always.