your child is scared and she comforts them

you were sleeping next to melissa when you got violently shaken out of your sleep

it was your three year old son, hunter, with tears down his face and him holding his stuffed bear in his arms.

"oh baby, what's wrong?" you asked him, wiping away the rest of his tears.

melissa eventually woke up and saw the pitiful scene. "hey, what's up, baby boy?" she got out of bed and walked to the other side.

"there's monsters, mommy. in my closet." hunter hugged her leg.

"come on, mommy'll take care of these monsters."  melissa started to walk to her sons room.

"no no mommy! the monsters are gonna eat you!" hunter exclaimed, almost crying again.

"i won't let them. now, c'mere big boy." she picked him up and walked down the hall to the young boy's room.

mel turned on the light and opened the closet door. hunter tucked his head deeper into his mother's neck, whimpering. "see bud, there's nothing in here."

"i still sleep with you?" he croaked out, his voice sleepy and throat dry from crying.

melissa just sighed and walked back to your bedroom. you looked up from your book to see your wife and son in the hallway.

"he still wants to sleep with us." melissa sighed again, getting under the covers, still holding hunter in her arms.

they had both fell asleep shortly after they got back into bed. you just had to snap a few pictures.

you put your phone down and cuddled up next to them, grateful for your little family.