One

"Are you sure you can go home by yourself?" Minji playfully glared at the old man in front of her then rolled her eyes exasperatedly.

"I'm not a little girl ahjussi, I'm stronger than I look!" Minji showed her arms to the old man, causing him to laugh.

"Besides, I know some self defense!" She added.

"Like?" The old man waited for her answer, amused.

"Poke them in the eye. Tickle them. Bite their ears but that's disgusting." Her face contorted into disgust. "Anyway, I'll just kick their you-know-what." She winked. Adjusting her scarf she waved goodbye to her boss who's still locking the store close.

"Be careful!" Minji heard the man shout when she almost slipped, her laughter boomed before turning into the corner, embarrassed, cursing the ground for being wet and slippery.

She walked carefully while looking at the ground, focused. Then she looked up and cringed, the road before her is dark, no one's around, just her. Alone. She gulped then fastened her pace, white puffs coming out of her mouth as her breathing became ragged. "Should have asked ahjussi if he can accompany me at least." She cursed mentally, she's not actually afraid of killers, rapist or something, but she's afraid of the dark especially if she's alone. And this road looks like it came out of some horror movie. WHAT IF THERE'S A ZOMBIE???!!!!

'Stupid Minji, out of all the things you think will come out, a zombie?' She thought then chuckled. 'But really what if the zombie apocalypse already happened and I just didn't know it because I didn't watch the news tonight and now the zombies are here?' She panicked.

A grumbling sound. Minji's breathing stopped, then she looks around. She heaved a long sigh, "I'm hungry."

She continued to walk, relieved to see a bright road with few people walking around, the zombies already forgotten. She looks for a convenience store, she saw nothing but fortunately, she saw an old lady selling some sweet potatoes. Feeling giddy, she walks toward the lady.

"Two sweet potatoes please." She said then paid some crumpled bills to the old lady. Putting the hot potatoes on her cheeks as she walked away.

She was about to peel the foil from the potato when she saw a homeless man sitting in a corner, looking at her with hunger. No, not that kind of hunger. He's literally hungry. Without having a second thought, Minji sat beside him then handed him the other potato. The man looked at her with wide eyes, shocked that a girl will sit beside her even if he's dirty and he's sure he smelled awful, but the girl just smiled at him, encouraging him to take the sweet potato from her hands.

"C'mon ahjussi, it's still warm." She smiled when the homeless man took the potato, whispering a soft thank you. He thought after he took the potato, she'll walk away, but she remained comfortably seated beside him, eating her own potato.

"Aren't you scared that maybe i'm a bad guy." He said before taking a bite of his sweet potato.

"You know bad guys doesn't look like you, right? You're just a homeless person, people like you shouldn't be treated like a criminal." She casually said, not minding the other people that gave her a confused look by even going far to have a conversation with a stranger.