[8]

Peter's POV

"Amara! Hey! I didn't mean to offend you. Amara—" she didn't stop, instead she walked out of the class even faster.

"Mr. Bilal, is there a problem?" Dr. Adams asks.

Shit

"Sorry, Sir. I started fooling around and said something I shouldn't have." I say, hoping he doesn't ask for details.

He sighs. "When will you learn to hold your tongue, Peter? Go after Ms. Mahmoud and make sure she's okay."

I nod. "Yes, Sir."

• • •

Amara's POV

I lean over the sink to try to get a grip on myself. I start to think over how I reacted. Thank God the washroom is empty.

"Ugh... I overreacted, didn't I? I could've handled the news a lot better. I don't know what came over me..." I say to myself.

I hear the washroom entrance door open and I quickly stand up straight, pretending to fix my hijab.

Two girls walk in talking really loudly.

"People at the party apparently saw her come out of the room right before him." The one with the longer hair says.

"No way would she hook up with Daamir." The girl with the shorter dark hair goes silent for a bit. "Say... doesn't she wear those religious headscarves? It has to be a mistake."

My heart sinks. I can feel myself getting sick.

"Some just wear that for show. Saint in the front and sinner in the back." The long-haired one chuckles.

It can't be me. They can't possibly be talking about me.

"What's her name?" The short-haired girl asks.

I could pass out from the lack of oxygen passing through my heart.

"Hm... I don't know... But I do know she's in the same class as Daamir and Peter. Some biology class." The long-haired girl answers.

"To be honest, Daamir's charms are hard to ignore. I don't blame her for getting wrapped around him. He's jaw-dropping sexy." The short-haired girl giggles. "He probably said a few sweet words and the poor girl fell for it."

"Knowing Daamir, that's 110% possible. Hmph... poor girl." The long-haired girl says as she finishes putting on her lipstick.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the entrance door. "Excuse me, ladies."

"Peter?" One of the girls instantly recognizes him.

No, no, no. This is literally the worst timing.

"Yes, it's me. Is there a girl, who's wearing a dusty pink headscarf, in the washroom with you guys?" He asks.

Peter, you freaking bitc—

The girls both look at me and the long-haired one answers. "Yeah. There is."

Peter barges. "Sorry to interrupt, ladies. Is it okay if I speak to her for a bit?"

They look at Peter, back at me and then back at Peter again with blinking wide eyes.