[15]

Amara's POV

"You guys made it." Daamir greets us at the door.

"How could we not after that sweet text?" Zoya giggles.

His eyes widen and he nervously clears his throat. "This way."

We have never seen Daamir without his cool guy act. This is absolutely gold.

"Aren't you going to talk to your princess, Dina's Foolish Prince?" I tease Daamir as Dina pulls on my sleeve to try to stop me.

Daamir stops dead in his tracks as he brushes his hand through his hair. "Uh..."

"What? Cat got your tongue?" Beena smirks.

"Your friends are ruthless." He says to Dina while chuckling.

He slightly pulls Dina by her elbow and leans down to whisper something.

She looked reluctant at first but nods.

"Hey, guys... I'll be back." She says.

"You'll be okay?" Zoya asks, while eyeing Daamir with suspicion.

She nods and looks at her phone as a sign to tell her she'll contact us if anything happens.

"Don't mess with her if you want to still be able to use that baby making body part of yours." Beena threatens.

"Like I said, ruthless." He laughs.

"Should we go find your man?" Beena looks at her Zoya with a playful.

"Her man? What man? Why wasn't I informed?" I frantically look back and forth from Beena and Zoya.

"Rooble, duh! Haven't you seen the way they flirt with each other? It subtle but if you pay attention, you'll notice." Beena puts her arm around Zoya's shoulders. "Aren't I right, Zoya?"

Zoya starts choking.

"Ya Allah! You keep giving us advice but won't let us know about your feelings?" I frown.

"It's not like that. It's harmless flirting." Zoya shrugs it off.

"Until he asks your parents for your hand in marriage." Beena smiles.

"Guys! Stop!" Zoya groans. "Rooble can't know."

"I can't know what?" Rooble pops up from behind her.

"You can't know that Zoya's secretly a nerd." Beena quickly says.

"Oh? In what way?" He asks.

"She's a total nerd for... animes." It's not a lie. Zoya is an anime nerd.

"That's nothing to be ashamed about. In fact, that's really cute." He flashes Zoya a dazzling smile.

"Oohh." Beena and I say in sync as a tease.

I can tell Zoya felt the butterflies burst because she looks like she lost her balance for a second there.

"Have you guys seen Munir?" Beena asks.

"Oh, he went to the washroom. He'll be here in a couple of minutes." Rooble replies.

Daamir comes back with Dina, who's closely following behind him as red as a tomato.

"I'm going to take a quick guess that you two resolved your disagreements." I smirk.

"You could say that." Daamir winks.

Rooble looks at his watch and curses under his breath. "Fuck. Daamir! We need to gather everyone to announce the charity event right now while everyone is still here."