[19]

Amara's POV

"Did you tell him how serious you're about him?" Zoya asks.

"No! Are you crazy?" I say.

"Did you tell your mom?" Dina asks.

"No..." I sigh.

"Will you?" Beena asks.

"Yes." I say, shyly.

"Your mom's so chill, she'd be asking about grandkids the second the nikkah's (Islamic marriage) done." Zoya chuckles.

"I'll be asking for nieces and nephews the second her nikkah is done." Beena grins.

"Guys! You're thinking too ahead!" I glare at them.

"Like you haven't?" Dina laughs.

"I said I wanted to marry him, I never said anything about him wanting the same. This is the same exact scenario as me wanting to marry Chris Evans but that isn't happening either." I frown.

"Okay, but this is not the same as wanting to marry Chris Evans." Beena disagrees.

"Zoya's right. You and Peter actually have something going on unlike you and Chris." Dina nods.

"I wish I could marry Chris." I pout.

"Honestly, same." Zoya agrees, as the other girls burst into laughter.

• • •

Peter's POV

Watching her talk on the topic of religion had sparked such passion in her eyes, it almost made me jealous.

Does she have the same passionate look in her eyes when she thinks about me?

I wasn't joking around when I said I wanted to know more about Islam. I wanted to know what had Amara so mesmerized, I wanted to understand her better, maybe this might end up being appealing to me.

"Hey, Mr. Romantic. Can you not take up the whole couch?" Rooble pushes me to the side.

Daamir and Munir take a seat in front of us.

"How's things with Amara going? Have you broken her heart yet?" Munir looks at me suspiciously.

I roll my eyes. "No. Things are going great, actually. Thanks for the support."

"So, you two are dating or?" Rooble asks.

I sigh. "She keeps asking me but I haven't made it official..."

"So, you're on the path of breaking her heart?" Daamir asks.

"It's a lot of commitment, dating a Muslim girl. She probably expects a long term relationship." I shrug.

The three boys look flabbergasted because of disbelief.

"What?" I ask, blinking out of cluelessness.

"You're an absolute asshole. You need to let go of Amara, dude. I don't think this will end well if you have a mindset like that." Munir says.

"You guys are overreacting." I say.

"You haven't even officiated your relationship yet! I don't know if you noticed, but she isn't going to stick around long if this isn't going further than a fling." Daamir sighs.

"Exactly! Poor girl is probably waiting around for you to finally make you it official, this isn't some fickle game." Rooble shakes his head.

"Plus, she isn't like the girls you've been with in the past. She has values and morals. Short-term things aren't for her. You've taken things a little too far with her without even talking about what you two actually are. That's fucking dangerous." Munir says.