[25]

Peter's POV

"I don't care what the hell your bullshit excuses are! If you saw what she looks like now, your heart would break into pieces." Rooble raises his voice at me.

"To put it lightly, she looks like she got ran over by a train... multiple times." Daamir sighs.

"That's not putting it lightly." I almost whisper as a pang of guilt shoots through my chest.

"Exactly. That's how bad it is. Thats the most lightest way I can put her condition into words." Munir adds.

"For someone who didn't want a committed relationship, you sure went out of your way to get engaged to a girl we've only heard about about once or twice from you." Rooble's voice is full of disappointment.

"You have to understand, this was planned from before. You know my parents have given me all the freedom and independence I could ask for, this is the one thing they're asking from me and I couldn't say no." I try to explain but no matter what I say, I can't even convince myself of anything.

"That's still not a good enough reason! You shouldn't have started anything with Amara in the first place then!" Daamir yells.

"I didn't think I would get so fucking serious about her!" I wanted to scream.

"Serious?" Munir scoffs. "Were you ever serious about her? Or are you just lying to yourself now?"

"I was-I wasn't serious about her at first." I admit. "I just found her... challenging. She was intriguing for someone like me, who can get a girl by just batting my eyes lashes."

"So, your plan was to make her interested only to reject her?" Rooble asks.

"No! I never thought she'd actually become interested. I truly thought I wasn't her type. Neither did I think she was mine. But then... I started to spend more and more time with her and before I know it, all I could think about was her." I rest my head on my hands. I don't even have the guts to look up to meet anyone's eyes.

"Romeo, oh, Romeo is in deep shit." Daamir rolls his eyes.

Rooble sighs and rests a hand on my shoulder. "Man... I don't know... your situation is just so... Maybe you could talk to her about it, though I highly doubt her assassins of friends will let you even get within 20 feet of Amara."

"And if you do get close enough to her... well, you'll get assassinated." Daamir points out.

"You're so guys supportive." I groan.

"You brought this mess upon yourself, we're only telling the truth." Munir

"Oh yeah! I forgot to ask, did you buy the Uno cards for Amara's place?" Daamir suddenly asks.

"What are you talking about?" I raise my brows in confusion.

"We're going to Amara's tomorrow to cheer her up because of how upset you made her." Munir points out.

"Don't you just love cleaning up Peter's messes?" Daamir says sarcastically.

"Great!" I stand up from the couch as an idea pops up in my head. "Ask her if she's going to school the day after."