[26]

Rooble's POV

"Have you guys talked to Peter recently?" I ask the boys.

"I haven't talked to him properly for weeks now. Something's off with him." Daamir says.

"I'm going to take a quick guess that his meeting with Amara didn't go well." Munir adds.

"It makes sense. He practically disappeared after that day." I sigh.

"He's been acting pretty rude, if I say so myself." Daamir rolls his eyes.

"Rude?" I raise a brow.

"Stand-off-ish. It's almost as if his personality took a 180 degree turn." He replies.

"I wonder what went down between those two..." My thoughts train off.

"Whatever it was, it wasn't what he was expecting. That boy needs to learn that actions of consequences. And this was something he should've thought about beforehand." Munir says.

I wonder if Amara will tell us what happened between them but then again, it's none of our business.

It's just that Peter... no matter what happened and who's to blame, he's still our best friend.

• • •

"Do you guys... by any chance know..." I start asking but get cut off by Zoya.

"That Peter visited Amara a few weeks ago?" She finishes my sentence.

I look at them nervously but they're not phased.

"Of course, we knew. Amara tells us everything." Beena says.

"So, you know what went down between the two?" Daamir asks straightforwardly.

"Not exactly... Amara didn't say much about the exact details and we didn't push the topic. She'll tell us when she's fully comfortable." Dina answers.

"My best guess is that she told him exactly what he needed to hear in the sense of honesty." Beena shrugs her shoulders.

"Why? What did Peter say?" Zoya asks curiously.

"He didn't say anything. He dipped after that day. I haven't talked to him since." I reply.

"He's been acting really... off since that day too." Munir says with a sad tone.

"Off how?" Dina asks.

The girls look on with slight concern. I guess Peter did grow on them.

I look down at my feet. "He's not acting like Peter anymore. You know... no sense of humour, he's not smiling all the time—"

"He's acting like a snobishly privileged rich boy." Daamir finishes the sentence.

"That's a harsher way to put it but yes." I say.

"What are you guys talking about?" Amara walls in.

Oh, whoops.

• • •

Amara's POV

"So, you're curious about what I said to him?" I smile at them because they look extremely uncomfortable talking to me about it.

I don't blame them, I'm still pretty sensitive about the whole thing.

"Uh, yes but of course, you don't need to say a single word because it was your private conversation." Munir quickly adds.