Karaoke

For Eddie's 23rd birthday, the losers took him to a karaoke bar. He invited Richie , his boyfriend of four years, too. They met at the colleges cafe in their freshmen year. 

They were sitting in a boot chatting about random things and sipping on their drinks.Richie has been bugging Eddie all night to get on stage to make a duet with him.

"Come on Eds, Eddie-Spaghetti, Spaghetti man! Let's do a duet!"

"Don't call me that! If you continue to bug me with those nicknames i will not go."

"Ok fine. Come on baby, babe, baby boy!" Richie was talking with a smirk, knowing how much this pet names affected his boyfriend. Eddie's expression changed.

"Ughhh. Only once."

"That's fine with me babe."

They got up from the table and approached the stage. Richie insisted that he wants to choose the song, and even with Eddie's protests he kept it a secret. When it was their turn, there was only a mic on the stage. Eddie looked at Richie, only to see that he had an earpiece. They walked to the center of the stage and looked at the public. The losers all came to the front of the stage, Mike with a camera in his hands. Weird.

"Welcome Eddie and Richie. They are going to sing a very interesting song."

The crowd applauded and the music started to play .Richie began singing first looking at the crowd. Eddie didn't recognize the song. He never heard it before.

"Forever can never be long enough for me
Feel like i've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do."

Richie came towards Eddie and looked him in the eyes as he was singing the words.

"Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way"

Richie reached into his back pocket and took out a small box. He got on one knee and opened the box revealing a silver ring as he was singing the next part.

"Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If i ever get the nerve to say
Hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm."

The song has faded and everyone was watching in awe at the scene before them.Eddie was already in tears and trying not to sob.

"Eddie, Eds, the love of my life. I loved you since the day we met in that cafe. I've wanted you to be mine forever for so long, but i had to make this proposal perfect first. Thanks to your friends, we made it possible. Eddie Kaspbrak I love you so much.Will you marry me?"

Eddie couldn't even form words at how much he was sobbing. He could only nod fast and give Richie his left hand for him to put the ring on. Richie stood up and embraced Eddie in a hug before they separated. Richie put his hands on Eddie's cheek wiping away his tears. They kissed on the stage, everyone cheering for them. 

They got of the stage, where they were met with congratulations from their friend. When they got to the table Eddie gave Richie a hug whispering in his ear

"I love you so much Richie. I can't wait to marry you."