Coffee Shop

"And this is how you use the coffee machine. You got that, Rich?" Stan asked, looking over at his best friend and the new employer, Richie.

"I did Stan the man! I think i'm ready to get some dates!" Richie smirked and looked around the almost empty coffee shop. Stan glared at him.

"If you flirt with every cute person you see, i swear i will fire you." Stan gave him a pointed look.

"Now, it's about to get busier around here, so go wait by the register."

"Aye, aye, Boss!" Richie gave a funny salute, then went where Stan told him.

He was right, the place got a lot busier in the next half hour.  He struggled to keep up, but succeeded. 

Finally the rush hour came to an end, and he could take a break. He told Stan and the boy remained alone on the post. He sat down on a chair behind the counter and scrolled through his phone while eating a candy bar. The bell over the door rang, signaling someone entered. He didn't look up, not interested to see who it was.

"Hi Eddie! Your usual?"

"Yes please Stan." Stan took his money and then went to make his drink

Richie finished his candy bar and got up to throw the wrapper. When he looked up, he saw Eddie at the counter. He stopped in his tracks, admiring the cute boy in front of him.

Oh, Wow. He's gorgeous  Richie thought, staring mesmerized.

"Here's your drink Eddie."

"Thanks Stan. By the way, is he new?" He pointed to Richie who was still staring at him.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, he's kinda annoying."

Eddie took one last glance at Richie before bidding Stan goodbye and leaving the cafe.

"Richie. Richie!" The boy still didn't move. Stan walked to him and slapped him.

"OW! Why did you do that for?"

"Because you were stuck daydreaming about Eddie!"

"Is that his name? God that's cute."

"How can a name be cute?"

"It just is, Staniel !"

"It's probably because you find him cute".

**************

Richie took his break again after the rush hour. He told Stan and went to the bathroom.

When he got back, Eddie was at the counter again, waiting for his drink. He contemplated whether or not to go to him. He decided he should, why not. He approached the boy, the other hearing him and watched as he got closer.

"Hi"

"Hi?" Eddie asked unsure.

"I'm Richie."

"I'm Eddie."

"Pleasure to meet you, Eds!"

"It's Eddie."

"i know. It's just a nickname."

"Eddie is already a nickname."  Before Richie could talk again, Stan came.

"Here you go Eddie!"

"Thank Stan." He turned to Richie.

"It was nice meeting you!" Eddie waved and left. Richie watched him, looking at the boys ass as he left the shop. Stan slapped him on the arm and told to get back to work.