Nightmare

Eddie woke up in Richie's embrace. He looked at the clock on their night stand.

6 am. Still one hour before we have to get up.

He snuggled closer to Richie and tried to go back to sleep.

10 minutes later he was awakened by a creaking noise. He looked at the door of their bedroom to see a little girl standing there with a stuffed bear in her hand.

"Daddy, i had a bad dream." The child said. She came closer to the bed and laid in front of Eddie.

"I'm sorry, baby girl. Do you want to tell me about it?" Eddie sighed, got out of Richie's embrace and wrapped his arms around his little girl.

"I was at school and some bad boys made fun of me."

"Why did they do that?"

"Because i told them i have two dads. I started to defend you, but they didn't care and called you bad names."

Eddie sighed again, hoping her baby won't have to go through this.

"It's okay, baby. It was just a bad dream."

"Yeah, the real one isn't so bad." The girl said like it wasn't a big deal.

Eddie froze.

"What did you say, Emma?" He looked at her with wide eyes.

"That in real life isn't so bad. They get bored after 2 minutes and leave me alone."

"And when did this happen exactly?" He could feel the tears form in his eyes.

"Umm, almost everyday. "

"Emma, why didn't you tell us?"

"Because it doesn't bother me. I learned not to care because I understand that you and dad love each other no matter what others say about it."

This made Eddie's tears to stream down his face. He hugged her tighter, trying to contain his sobs.

The noises woke Richie up and he looked at the two figures in his bed. He could recognize the muffled sobs as Eddie's.

"Eds, what's wrong?" he asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I told daddy something and i made him sad." Emma said with a cracking voice. Eddie perked up at that and looked the girl in the eye.

"No, baby. You didn't make me sad. It's okay. I'm okay." he said as he rubbed his thumbs over the tears falling down her cheeks.

Richie got up and went to the other side of the bed.

"Come on, Em. Let's put you back to sleep." He picked her up and brought her to her bedroom. He tucked her in bed, kissed her forhead and reassured her that Daddy isn't mad at her. Richie stayed with her until she fell asleep and then went to his and Eddie's bedroom.

Eddie was sitting on the bed, wipping his tears with a paper towel. He sat next to him, an arm over his shoulders, his head on Eddie's.

"Do you want to tell me what this is all about?" Richue asked in a soft, hushed voice, afraid to scare his husband. Eddie sniffled.

"She came in telling me that she had a nightmare. Some bullies making fun of her because of us and calling us names. I reassured her that it wasn't real and she said that the reality isn't so bad. She told me that she is bullied every day. Every day, Rich! I don't even know how she holds up so well. God knows if it was me i would cry myself to sleep every night. She just said that it doesn't bother her, that she knows that we don't care what others say about our relationship and that we love each other. And that short answer made me cry. I realised how strong and smart she is and, i don't know, it just made me cry. "

Richie pulled him in a hug.

" Should we even do something about it? " Eddie asked unsure

" I don't think so. Not yet at least. We will talk with her in the morning and if it ever bothers her, we can talk more about it. Sounds good? "

"Yeah, sounds good." Eddie looked up at Richie and gave him a soft peck on the lips.

"Let's go back to bed, Eds."

They fell back asleep, cuddled together.

Hello, i finally had an idea!

Thank you for 700 views. I seriously don't deserve it. I mean it, Thank you. Ily.