fiftythree || the truth is out.

Shit

Shit.

Shit.

That took me by surprise. For once Mark didn't accuse me of anything, mock and/or yell at me. This is his pure emotions showing.

"Mark, don't mess with me."

"I'm not." He scoffed,"You know what? Forget it."

I messed it up again. Of course I did. I can't just accept his emotions and shut up.

"No. No. I'm just taken aback a bit." I blurted out.

"I can see that. Damn, you're really trying to make me mad, huh? "

Mark and his bluntness is really apparent nowadays I guess. He seems angrier at everything ever since the last time I spoke to him in Korea. It makes me so sad that he made progress before but ultimately relapsed into someone much worse than before.

"What do you want me to do, Mark? What do you want me to say to you so you won't be so uptight?" I responded without holding my tongue.

He scratched his muscular arms then moved onto his head with frustration. I hate seeing him so at war with himself.

"Say it back! That's all I want. I left my goddamn girlfriend so I can spend time with you! Can't you see that I forgave you already?"

"Mark-" I said before getting cut off.

"I just wanted to spend time with you. I just needed this time to see you. I kept making excuses so I can avoid the truth because my pride was always in the goddamn way. But now I know that I can't lie to myself anymore, Grace."

I looked into his eyes, feeling every ounce of sincerity.

"I do miss you, Mark."

"Finally, you fucking said it." He sighed in relief.

"I miss everything in my past. But I can't."

She can't? The fuck?! I am here, pouring my heart out and lowering my pride and this girl is saying she can't accept it? I would never do this to anyone, not even Emily