city date- j.a.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

living in the windy city is sometimes fun.

only when you have someone to share the fun moments with.

which i conveniently...

DONT have a special someone.

it is the summer time, and i'm stuck in a downtown cafe.

sipping on my iced vanilla latte, flipping through the pages of my summer reading book.

i decided to stop reading when i realized that i was halfway through the book and it was only the third day of summer.

all my friends were attending lollapalooza
while i was stuck about two blocks away, no ticket, reading the odyssey for the next school year when the current one just ended.

i decided it would be a nice people watching day because of all of the weird outfits and people in town for lolla.

i look around the starbucks and see a crowd of girls surrounds what looks to be like a small group of teens and their parents.

i then take a better look at who it is, and realize it's the actor dude from the IT movie, and probably his parents and a friend.

finn wolfhard was his name.

kinda an odd one if you ask me.

my friends are obsessed with him, i don't see what they see i guess.

they order their drinks, and i focus back on my 500 page novel.

i'm sitting at the large table in the center of the starbucks and when finn and his entourage sit down at the remainder of the table.

i ignore it, not wanting to be annoying.

one of his friends sits across from me and i feel his eyes staring at my book.

"you like greek mythology?" i ask, not looking up from my book.

"eh it's ok" he says, pausing to sip his drink, "i'm more of a mystery guy, maybe some shakespeare"

"interesting mix"

"the odyssey was torture though"