first fight- f.w.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"finn why can't you just listen to me?" i yelled, but not loud enough for his parents to hear downstairs.

"maybe it's because you're so needy" finn rolled his eyes, walking towards his closet grabbing some sweatpants.

"me, needy? finn i live thousands of miles away from you, so yes when i'm finally with you of course i'm needy." i rebut.

"but it's CONSTANT" he looked at me.

i got scared. i've never seen that look in finn's eyes: pure anger.

i felt the tears start to build up in my eyes, like a dam that was about to over flow. i couldn't hold them back anymore, and all of a sudden my emotions took over, and the tears began to flood.

"fuck you finn. FUCK YOU. i'm just trying to be a good girlfriend, and this is what i get? i've flown countless hours to come see you. your birthday, when you got the role for ghostbusters, premieres, awards, even when you're just fucking upset. i've done so much for you. and you don't fucking give back. and now i'm stuck in canada with you because the airport is shut down, and you should know that i would've been on the first plane out if it weren't for this!"

the room was silent. finn didn't look up from the floor.

"that's what i thought, you know it's true." i shake my head.

i walk out of the room, slamming the door behind me. his parents probably heard everything already so what is the point in hiding it. i walk down the stairs, i pass mary and eric before they can say a word, and i storm out of the front door.

once i'm outside i start running. anywhere i could find, i ran. i came across a park, and i sat down on a bench. i let the tears keep flowing down my face, ruining my mascara.

it feels like hours have passed, my eyes burning from the tears that were no longer running down my face. i cried my eyes out until there was nothing left. i loved him so much, the thing that hurt the most was how easy it was to walk away.

"y/n?"

i look up, its finn.

"i don't want to talk to you" i turn the other way on the bench, facing the pond. a few ducks float around. they look happy, the opposite of my emotions in this moment.

"you don't have to talk. i will." he sits down next to me, facing the park.

"look, i'm sorry. i didn't know that's how you felt. i know i've been a shitty boyfriend recently. and i regret everything that i said because you had every right to be mad at me. i fucked up. i've been really stressed out, and you know that. that's why you flew here. you're such a good person and i can't thank you enough, really. you mean the world to me. i don't know what i would do without you. i will be better, i promise. y/n you aren't needy, you just love me a lot and i know that's your way of showing it. and i understand you don't want to see me right now, we can get you a hotel for the night if you want. but i would miss you so much. ok i'll stop talking now."

i can see him look at me through the corner of my eye, he looks upset as well. he puts his hand on mine, looking for any sign of understanding.

looking up at him, his eyes were red and teary, matching mine.

"look finn, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have lashed out on you. i should've just had a civil conversation with you" i pout.

he cups my face with his hand, rubbing my cheek, "no, don't apologize. we needed to have this fight."

i sniffle, and a few more tears run down my face. finn wipes them away with his thumb, making a frown face.

"please stop crying bub, it's ok."

i hold out my arms for a hug, and he lets go of my face, and wraps his arms around me.

"i love you" he whispers in my ear, "i'm sorry i made you upset"

"it's ok, i'm ok now. and i love you too, so much" i kiss his cheek, "can we go back now, i'm cold?"

"yes we can" he lets go of our hug, and then we head back to finn's house.

he holds my hand, swinging our arms back and forth.

"do your parents know we fought?" i ask

"i mean i would assume so, we were not very quiet." he shrugs, "but all couples fight at one point or another y/n. it's like a milestone we have to get through. and look, i promise i will give you more attention."

"no, i will be less needy and i have to understand that you're busy" i suggest.

"how about we meet in the middle?"

"sounds like a plan." i smile, happy that we are ok.

"well we are going to be stuck together while the airports are shut down, so now we really have to get along." he laughs

"that shouldn't be an issue" i smile a little bit, planting a kiss on his cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this one is short but i wanted to publish something i wrote a while ago before I start a long SEQUAL to the previous one!

words: 930