falling in love- f.w.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

i felt the breeze flow through my hair in our rented white convertible bmw as we headed out for our one year anniversary date.

finn sped fast along the winding roads acting like it was a roller coaster. of course he was being cautious, but having fun.

"can't you tell me where we are going?" i ask curiously. finn always had to make everything a surprise, "for all i know this is just a part of you plan to kill me"

he laughs, "oh y/n...maybe..." he stays silent for a few moments, starting to make me concerned, "i'm kidding, i could never hurt such a beautiful face" he turns to me and smiles, but quickly turns his direction back to the road.

i feel my face warm up slightly, maybe from how humid it was outside or the fact that finn made me blush. we may never know.

about one year ago finn asked me out at his 17th birthday party, and now we are as happy as can be. while it's only been 1 year, i think we could both agree w have a bright future ahead of us.

this year were were spending his birthday in sunny los angeles. we drove down with his family, stopping in portland and san francisco along the way. we've been in LA for a few days now. finn's birthday was in a few days away, but this is the first time we've been alone the whole trip. 

up along the winding roads we came to a stop. finn collected his things from the backseat, and turned to face me. "do you know where we are?" finn asked. 

"what? no, finn we are in the middle of the woods." 

"just come follow me." he said smoothly. he exited the car, and waited for me to copy his actions. then follow him into a sketchy forest in the middle of nowhere. 

i held onto his free hand, his other was carrying a picnic basket and some towels. we walked for what must've been 15 minutes. we passed a hiking trail, river, and some people on a camping trip. as i was about to question finn, he came to a halt.

i looked up from staring at the dirt, and my eyes were glued to a beautiful waterfall. the water was sparkling and splashing. it was a secluded area, only a select amount of people probably knew it was here. 

"finn.. this is beautiful" i say, my jaw ajar, not able to grasp the beauty of the scenery. i see him smile out of the corner of my eye.