22

Here is my birthday present to you guys, because you also have a little bit of birthday with me☺

--&--

SATURDAY

"Where were you?" Louis asks as soon as Jay and Harry step inside the house again.

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time." Harry says, looking at the floor. He has a permanent frown on his face, thinking about what Nick said.

The submissive opens his mouth to tell Louis about Nick, but closes it again, deciding against it. He isn't sure if he can trust Louis with his thoughts. Not that he ever did something that was not trustworthy, but that's just Harry. He needs time to trust. There are things even Liam doesn't know. For example, why he hates his father so much.

"Okay." Louis says, looking sceptically. "Then let's eat, shall we?" All agree and they make their way into the kitchen with dining room.

-

"Can we please talk, Harry?" Anne asks after they ate and put away the dirty dishes.

Harry stares at her blankly, wanting to say no, but then he catches Louis' raised eyebrow at him and he sighs. "Fine." he just says before leaving the kitchen and going to his room.

Anne follows after a worried look towards Jay and Louis.

Harry sits down at his desk, arms crossed and looking already annoyed. Anne sits down on Harry's bed, sitting across from her only son.

"I'm sorry." Anne says, voice laced with honesty.

Harry's facial expression doesn't change. "For what exactly?" he asks annoyed. "For sending me to a kink school? Forcing me to trust some random guy I don't know? For not telling me you used to live like this?"

Harry is working himself up with every word. His breathing becomes heavier and he talkes faster and faster with every word.

"For trying to make me someone I'm not? For sending me to the same school Desmond and you went to? For not caring about me? Not asking how my day was? Always working or sleeping? For not stopping Desmond as he started to yell at me for playing with Gemma's dolls when I was three? Not stopping him, when he pushed me for wearing nailpolish when I was five? Not stopping him when he verbally and physically abused me from four years until he left?"

With a final sob, Harry breaks down crying, hands covering his face. Anne is by his side in an instant and hugs him tightly. Harry moves his arms around his mothers back a little hesitantly.

"Oh darling." Anne says soothingly, rubbing her hand up and down Harry's back. "I love you so much, I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you." Tears gather in her eyes as her son cries onto her shoulder. "I'm sorry I had to work so much, I know I am a horrible mother."

Harry immediately shakes his head, but says nothing. He couldn't, even if he wanted to.

So they stay like this for what feels like hours, but truely are seven minutes. Both silently cry as they hug each other.

Harry pulls away. He sniffs and wipes his tears away, looking at Anne - who stands up - serious. "You're not a horrible mum." he says quietly. "I do understand that you had to work so much to pay rent and food and I appreciate it, really." he sighs, looking at his hands. "But it would've been nice to see you more often." he admits a little sheepishly, letting down his tough boy facade.

"I know. I feel the same." Anne says, placing her hand on Harry's cheek. "I am so sorry I wasn't there for you when Desmond acted the way he did. I wish I would have figured it out sooner than I did." She frowns.