29

WARNING: Mention of child abuse

--&--

FRIDAY

Harry wakes up to a soft voice singing quietly and a hand running up and down his back soothingly. He immediately knows what's going on. The boy just had a nightmare - a memory more likely. And he probably trashed around and even started to cry, judging by the damp feeling he has on his cheeks.

He sniffs and Louis stops singing.

"Are you awake?" the dominant asks quietly and Harry just nods, not looking up from his position on Louis' chest. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Louis asks more.

Harry immediately shakes his head and sniffs again.

Louis sighs. "Okay. But let me make you a tea. That always helps me." he claims.

Harry takes a deep breath and sits up so Louis can go and make some tea. He scoots back so his back is against the headboard. The boy crosses his legs and places a pillow in his lap, disappearing into his own mind.

He once again dreamed vividly about his father abusing him. It's nothing new, he gets them once in a while. Harry never talks about them, because he always had his guards up, letting no one see how hurt and vulnerable he is when he remembers his past.

But maybe it's time to stop now. Maybe Louis is the right person to trust with this. After all the dominant just hurt him - as a punishment and not because he was drunk or felt like it - and didn't leave him crying on the floor. No, Louis made sure he feels alright after it and though Harry wanted to leave, he was very thankful that he wasn't alone after that.

"Here you go." Louis says as he enters the room again and gives Harry the cup of tea. "Careful. It's still hot." he notes and Harry starts to gently blow over the edge of the cup after putting the pillow away.

"Thank you, sir." Harry says quietly, not meeting Louis' eyes.

The dominant gets back into the bed next to Harry as he says "You're very welcome."

The green eyed submissive takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. "My father used to beat me up. But you probably figured since I threw it into his face back when we had this talk about the pouring soup over someone's head with the principal." he starts to explain. He opens his eyes again, but just looks at the steaming tea. "He also did, uh, other things." The boy has to swallow a lump in his throat, feeling his eyes well up with tears.

"You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to, Harry." Louis notes quietly, looking worriedly at his submissive.

But Harry shakes his head and looks at Louis now, tears in his eyes. "I-I trust you and, uhm" He looks away again, back at the tea." it might helps, you know? People say talking about stuff helps."

"Okay, but" Harry looks up with a frown. Does Louis not care about it? Does he not want to know? "let's put the tea away and let me cuddle you, okay?" he suggests with a small, sad smile.

Harry nods in agreement and gives Louis the tea so he can place it on the nightstand. He could place it on the one on his side, but Louis held his hand out so...

They both lay back down and the dominant wraps both arms around Harry as the boy lays his head onto Louis' chest.

"You can always stop, okay? I don't want you to think you have to finish once you start." Louis gently says, getting a nod from Harry.

Harry closes his eyes again before taking a deep breath and he continues telling Louis a bit about his past.

"Whenever I did something my father didn't think was manly enough he yelled at me and most of the time pushed me or he even beat me up a few times. But always so that mum couldn't see anything. So the bruises or cuts were hidden. When-when I was, uhm." Harry has to breath for a moment. Just to calm down. Louis continues to rub his back. "When I was, I think five we were out grocery shopping, there was a maybe two year old boy and he wore a fluffy jacket with bear ears so I, uh, I said he was cute."