8 | touch of your love

S U M M E R L Y N
B L A N E Y

@theomurphy: atl weekend winners celebrating 🏁🏆 @summerlynblaney

Comments:@kennedyrenee: oooh I see what's going on here@summerlynblaney: couple of hot shots 🤫@stellalynn: mmmm 😏 this is cute@kiannareener: awe I ship 🤩

Comments:
@kennedyrenee: oooh I see what's going on here
@summerlynblaney: couple of hot shots 🤫
@stellalynn: mmmm 😏 this is cute
@kiannareener: awe I ship 🤩

"Why are you hanging out with Theo Murphy?" Noah barged his way into my office.

"And why are you not on crutches?" I rolled my eyes putting down my phone. "Why do you care? You've never shown any interest in my personal life. Why are you so interested in it now?"

"I just don't trust him with you."

"Thanks for your concern, but I don't need it," I stated. "I should be concerned about you. Just last year you were messing around with Stella, and now you're going for Kianna Renner." I crossed my arms. "You've never had a relationship. All you do is mess around with girls till you get bored! All you care about is yourself!"

"Summerlyn and Noah Blaney keep your voices down in this shop!" Mom scolds us. "Someone want to explain what all the yelling is about?"

"Just Noah being his selfish self."

"What is wrong with you kids? All you two do is fight nowadays." Mom asks.

"Maybe if Noah's ego wasn't the size of a-" I stopped myself before I went any further with that statement. "You know what? Never mind, I have to meet up with Theo for lunch anyways." I quickly gathered my things rushing out of the shop, leaving my brother behind with mom.

| phoenix |

"Summerlyn Renee Blaney wake the f up!" Stella bursted into my room, shaking me till I woke. "You gotta come fast!" Her voice filled with urgency.

"It's not even close to practice." I mumbled. "I don't understand what's so important at this ungodly hour." I groaned as Stella pulled me out of bed. "Could you at least tell me what thin is about?"

"Noah confronted Theo, and let's say it's not pretty out there." Stella nervously said through her teeth. My twin instinct knew Noah started it, and I wasn't pleased at all about it. "You better hurry." Stella rushes out. I quickly throw on a T-shirt and some athletic shorts before rushing out of my motor home.

"What the hell Noah!" I yelled seeing Theo on the ground with blood all over his face. "I told you to keep out of my goddamn business." I pushed Noah away, kneeling down next to Theo. I pulled Theo away into my motor home before Noah could do anymore damage.

"For a guy with a broken leg, your brother can sure pack a punch." Theo grimaces in pain as I grabbed a first aid kit from the bathroom.

"What was that all about anyways?" I questioned sitting down next to Theo.

"I was talking to Kennedy and all of a sudden your brother comes charging at me." Theo replies as I continued to address the cuts on his face. "You'd know the answer to that better than me."

"All I know is he doesn't like us together. Something along the lines of he doesn't trust you with me." I rolled my eyes. "Which is complete bull. I've told him to stop meddling in my life, but he doesn't listen to anything I say."

"Do you trust me with you?" Theo gently stopped my hand.

"Yes, I do."

"Good, because if I ever hurt you? I'd never forgive myself and I mean it. I don't know where you've been all my life Blaney and it's only been three weeks." Theo smiled making me chuckled. Throughout this entire time I didn't notice how close our faces and bodies have gotten to each other. The gap between us closed as Theo and I eliminated that space once our lips touched.

N O A H
B L A N E Y

"I cannot believe that!" I raged within my motorhome. I paced back and forth with Kennedy watching me closely.

"You gotta stop being so protective over her-" Kennedy paused. "To be honest, I don't even know what your relationship is with Summerlyn. It's like you hate her, but yet when she's with Theo you become like caring."

"You wouldn't understand." I shook my head.

"Probably not." He shrugged. "But I know enough to know that Summerlyn reminds you of Peyton. That's why you hate her, but feel the need to protect her."

Kennedy made me stop in my tracks. He hit the problem right on the mark. Losing Peyton, years ago, was hard and l didn't need to constant reminder of her through Summerlyn.

"Noah?" Another voice entered into my motor home. I turned around seeing Kianna hesitantly walking in.

"I'll leave you two to talk. See you at practice in a few Kianna." Kennedy took his leave, leaving just Kianna and I.

"Oh Noah, you're bleeding." Kianna gasped grabbing a paper towel before gently dabbing my jaw. "You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Of course, you're about the only person who hasn't turn your back on me."

"You're just rough around the edges, but once you get past that? I see a kind, caring, hard working guy."

"Keep that up and my confidence will be through the roof." I joked. "But in all seriousness, thank you Kianna for sticking by me. You really don't know how much I appreciate it."

Before I came to the realization, my lips were on Kianna Renner's lips, and I didn't regret a thing...