14 | we've lost touch

N O A H
B L A N E Y

"Your teammate and sister made a bold statement last weekend. She said that you would end up in the garage this weekend. Was there any conversation between you guys this past week?"

"Uh, no there were no conversations between us. It was just a racing deal, to be honest, I think it would've been clear to her. I'm not worried about any retaliation, I think this whole situation has blown over."

"Thank you for your time Noah. This concludes our post-qualifying press conference."

I excuse myself from the table, meeting up with my PR in the back.

"You're free to go. Nothing till tomorrow morning before the race."

"Sweet, thanks Matt." I pat him on the shoulder before heading out.

"Hey, hotshot." Kianna greets. "Are you going to the party tonight?" She asks. I gave her a puzzling look, I hadn't heard any party going on. "I'm assuming you weren't invited." She sighed.

"I wasn't told anything." I shrugged.

"It's Theo's party."

"And that's why I wasn't invited." I chuckled frustratingly. "Theo probably heard about my fight with Summerlyn, and he's pissed at me."

"Who cares?" Owen Larson and Cash Bowyer sneak up alongside Kianna and I. "Crash the party, Blaney. Stir up a lil hell, nothing can go possibly wrong. Theo will be busy with your sister. He won't even know you're there."

"If anything just keep your distance. Theo can't kick you out if you aren't causing any trouble."

"He's coming." Kianna answers for me, her answer caught me off guard. "Let's go- shit," Kianna mumbles looking down at her phone. "I totally forgot my parents were arriving tonight, I gotta pick them up from the airport."

"I can take you-"

"Don't worry about it, Noah. You go have fun and stay out of trouble. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiles before place a kiss on my cheek.

"Noah Blaney is as red as his car." Owen jokes.

"Shut the hell up man." I pushed him out of the way. "We partying or what?"

S U M M E R L Y N
B L A N E Y

"You've got to be kidding me." Theo loudly says catching my attention. I look in the direction he was, and I see Noah casually strolling in with Owen and Cash.

"Just leave it T. As long as he doesn't cause any trouble." I placed a hand on Theo's tense shoulder. "Just ignore him."

"If he pulls anything I'll kick his ass."

"What's up lovebirds?" Stella asks swinging an arm around my shoulder. "Thanks for the invite by the way Sum."

"Of course, you're my best friend." I smiled.

"Damn what's got your boy's panties in a twist?"

"Noah decided to make an appearance, uninvited." I sighed taking a sip of my drink. "Enough of my brother. Are you coming to Costa Rica with us?"