30 | the blaney bounty

S U M M E R L Y N
B L A N E Y

"Yeah, I'm excited to have Summerlyn on this team. It hasn't been the same since we lost Ben as one of our main drivers. Having Ben on our team put Purdy Family Racing on the map, losing him costed us a lot of money, sponsors, winning. It's no secret that we haven't been a championship team for a long time now. We really set our eyes on Summerlyn when she showed interest in coming up to the next level." Chase Purdy explained in our press conference.

"We've known Summerlyn since she was knee height. We scored big time. She is a young and determined driver. She has her father's focus and driving skills. Having a driver with the last name of Blaney, you don't get any better than that. We are extremely lucky." Emma Purdy adds on.

"Summerlyn, have you been over at the facility and if so how is that going? Making relationships with your team and teammates?"

"Yeah, I was over at the shop a few days ago. I'm extremely lucky that I get to take my current crew chief Jimmie with me to the next series. Jimmie and I met the group of guys who we're going to be working with. Met my teammates who are amazing and a hardworking group. We really wanna get Purdy Family Racing back on the map and be in contention for wins and a championship."

"We'll end the conference on that note. Emma, Chase, and Summerlyn thank you for joining us."

Emma (Purdy), Chase (Purdy), and I regrouped outside discussing my cup car reveal coming up after this race weekend. During our conversation Emma got an emergency call leaving Chase and I in our own conversation.

"Well, I have bad news babe." Emma sighs walking back up to us with the look of defeat. "Jameson is out sick with the flu, so we need to find a back up driver ASAP."

"Emma we don't need to look far." Chase points at me. "We have her now. Whatcha say Summer? Wanna run cup on Sunday?"

"Yeah, of course! I'd be glad too. It'll be a good experience for me, working with your crew and cars."

"Perfect! I'll get the news out right away. Meet us about an hour before first practice so we can get the seat adjusted for you."

@nascar: BREAKING NEWS: @jamesonlogano, who locked himself into the next round last weekend, will not race this weekend at Charlotte due to illness. @summerlynblaney will be the replacement driver for this weekend.

@nbcsnnascar: @blaney, who is filling in part time, will be racing this weekend for Penske and now @summerlynblaney will be filling in for PFR. Father vs daughter drive off coming our way! Sunday will be the Blaney face off!

@chaseelliott: can't wait to see @summerlynblaney give her old man @blaney a hard time on Sunday!

| saturday |

"About time you showed your face." I joked as my dad walked up. "I didn't think you'd show up."

"Yeah, yeah." Dad laughs pulling me into a hug. "How's your car feeling." He asks as we stood back watching PFR Cup crew work on my car for this weekend. We talked about what our Cup cars were doing on the track, for a moment I forgot I was even talking to my dad.

"There's my two race car drivers." Mom smiles walking up. "A bounty just went up on you sweetheart." Mom laughed at dad.

"Are you serious? Who started it?"

"Chase did of course. He really wants Summerlyn to wipe the floor with you." Mom laughs showing us Uncle Chase's bounty post.

@chaseelliott: Just had a brilliant idea. I'll be placing a bounty on @blaney if @summerlynblaney can beat her old man she gets some cold hard cash. $25,000 seems like a reasonable price 👊