15 | family is forever

S U M M E R L Y N
B L A N E Y

"I wish you were coming with us to Costa Rica, but good luck with your race!" I smiled as I hugged Stella. It was finally an off week, and yes, that meant Blaney-Elliott family vacation to Costa Rica. Sadly, this one felt a little different. Noah and my dad weren't on the best terms. Ever since my parents found out of Noah's underage drinking, things have been tense in the family.

Everybody else flew out about an hour ago. Theo and I stayed behind due to one more media thing Theo had to do early this morning.

"Keep us updated," Theo mentions.

"Will do, now you two have fun but not too much-"

"Your mind is deep in the gutters Lynn." Theo chuckled. "I have to impress her father, so I don't think too much of that type of fun will be happening this week."

"Good man."

"Alright, we gotta head out. Love you girl." I frowned pulling her into a bear hug.

"I love you too S, send loads of pictures!"

| costa rica |

"Wow." Theo's jaw drops as we pulled up to the infamous Blaney-Elliott vacation house in all its glory. "This is insane Summer."

"Prepare for the best weekend of your life." I smiled climbing out of the Jeep. Theo and I grabbed our bags from the back before we went inside hand in hand.

"Theo Murphy my man! Glad you could join us this year, well I suppose I should be thanking Sum for that. " William greets us.

"William Elliott, it's good to see you." Theo brings William into a hug. William and Theo were amazingly close friends, I was glad Theo had someone on this vacation, besides me, that he knew.

"Hey kids." My mom greets us. "How was your flight?"

"It was good." I smiled hugging her. "Mom, this is Theo, Theo this my beautiful mom, McKayla Blaney."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Blaney."

"And you too. We are so glad you were able to make it Theo." Mom smiles. "Your guys' room is the last door on the left, so ya'll can get settled in. Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes."

"This is gorgeous." I gasped as I see the view our room had. Theo comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm glad you're here. I don't think I could survive this week without you."

"We have hopefully a week away from track drama. Let's try and keep it that way. I want a peaceful vacation for once in my lifetime. I am not letting anyone, especially your brother ruin this trip for either of us." Theo reassures me. I've been stressed about how this whole week was gonna go down. With the whole Noah thing, my family meeting Theo for the first time, I just wanted this weekend to be perfect for everyone. "Now, let's get changed, enjoy dinner, then how about we take a walk on the beach?"

"How are you full of right ideas?" I chuckled.

"I aim to please." Theo flashed his gorgeous smile.

After Theo and I changed into more comfortable, vacation clothes, we headed downstairs where the rest of my family was gathering.

"Murphy, come play!" William motions him over to play a video game with him, Bryant, and Seter.

"Go ahead and mingle." I chuckled. "I'll help my mom in the kitchen," I added. He parted with kissing the top of my head before I entered the kitchen. "Hey momma, need any help?"