Chapter 6 : Rosh Hill

As The JSDF, the Coda Villagers and Gerhard drove up to Rosh Hill. Gerhard noticed the geography change.

Gerhard adjusted his car's mirrors and he looked back at the Coda Villagers, he saw then demoralised and low on morale.
It reminded him of a certain Division of Kovenant Troops.

None the less Gerhard hoped they can make it the whole Journey, but should the worst ever come to be then Gerhard's service in the Volkssturm would show and he would stand on the battlements, ready to hold the Line as all Volkssturm would.

Gerhard took the root beer he had in the trunk, and he drank trying to sake the feeling of dread and uneasiness that this hill seems to emulate as he drove along with the mixed convoy of Civilians and JSDF soldiers.

Gerhard has seen this site before during his time protecting his world from an army of Orks looking to seize the world. Gerhard saw thousands of Refugees flying to the largest city centers on Munich, and it was the Volkssturm's obligation to hold the Line till the bitter end. The sounds of gunfire still lay in his mind, but he shall not leave the Volkssturm, He will fight and die if need be for the sake of duty.

And yet for certain Kovenant Soldiers : Even in Death, our duty remains.

He and the Volkssturm alongside the Kovenant relief force fell upon the orks, killing as many Ork Women as Possible to avoid the orks of they're ridiculous reproduction rates.

Then Gerhard looked at his mirror and saw a shadow of death coming, he looked back and saw a dragon. But just then it was eaten up by a much larger, much more savage Red Dragon.
Gerhard's insticts came into play
And so did the JSDF and Gerhard engage in terrible battle.

The Flame Dragon dived down and its flames killed many civilians.

“ Lelei, Cato hold on to your seats ! ” yelled Gerhard, as he maneuvered his car. Miraculously making it out of the flame dragon's fire breath.

“ A Flame Dragon! I've never actually seen one! ” shouted Cato. As Gerhard managed to wheel around his car avoiding blasts of Flame from the Dragon, as Lelei casted Spells protecting the car.

The JSDF spring into action. Using assault Rifles and 50 cals. But to no effect.

Gerhard wheeled around using his car as a barrier to protect flying children, he took aim with his Rifle and quickly loaded in exploding bullets.

Gerhard fired and the explosive bullets penetrated the scales of the Flame Dragon then exploding from the inside out knocking a few out. And the Dragon Roared.

But to spite Gerhard's efforts it was not enough, he looked at the children “ Quick ! In the car, now ! ” Gerhard said. And the children complied and they climbed in sitting on Lelei and Cato's lap.

Gerhard got in the car and drove off just in time to escape a fire ball from the dragon.

Gerhard wheeled around and met up with the JSDF, as they desperately tried to damage to flame dragon.

“ Keep firing, keep firing !!! ” ordered Itami, as the JSDF try with all they're might to damage the flame dragon, Gerhard opened the window and grabbed a long favorited pistol.

Gerhard took his Luger Pistol and fires while driving.

Then Tuka woke up and she saw the carnage outside, she yelled
“ Ono! ”

This catches Gerhard's attention.
“ Hold on to something ! ” said Gerhard, but Tuka responded
“ Ono! Ono! ”

Then Gerhard Realised what they had to do he drove up to Itami both vehicles now drive side by side “ Itami ! Aim for the eyes ! Its the only way we can beat it according to Tuka! ” Gerhard then drove ahead of the convoy.

Itami and his men opened fire on the eyes, Gerhard also aimed for the eyes Firing his Luger Pistol forcing the dragon to stay perfectly still as they peppered the flame dragon with gunfire.

Then one of the JSDF troops brought out a Panzerfaust and aimed at the Flame dragon but before he pulled the trigger he said “ Oh, better check my rear. ”

However everyone including Gerhard already eagre to kill the dragon shouted at him shouting
“ Just Shoot It !!! ”

The JSDF soldier pulls the trigger on accident, and it appears as tough it wasn't gonna make contact. But Rory jumped out of the JSDF vehicle and threw her halberd on the ground. Causing the dragon to fall backwards and for its arm to be severed by the Rocket of the Panzerfaust. And it flew away in the distance.

Gerhard stopped his car and fired one last Luger Shot at it. Before looking over Tuka, Lelei and Cato alongside the Children in the back to check if they have any injuries but otherwise they're alright.

( Later That Day )

It was night and the JSDF had buried the dead on a field the flora eliminating the night sky.
As the Villagers wiped for they're lost loved ones.

Gerhard took a photo before walking up to the JSDF and Taking his hat off in respect of those fallen by the flame dragon.
Gerhard felt partly responsible for not getting to some of the children in time, but he took comfort in knowing those he had saved will live out they're lives in reletive peace.

Itami and Gerhard approached the village elder.

“ We thank you for your help, but I'm afraid we must get going. ” said the village elder.

“ Your leaving without the children ? ” asked Gerhard, his voice hinted at his concern.
“ You just can't leave children out here in the wilderness. ”

“ I know and I'm sorry, but I have no other choice. They'll only slow us down in the long run. ” said the Elder. “ Just know that you have gained our undying gratitude. Until next we meet. ”

Gerhard and Itami looked at each other and Gerhard asked “ Itami, I'm not just gonna leave this kids to die out here. ”

“ So what are you planning ? ” asked Itami. “ Bring them back to base ? ”

“ I'll be the one to take care of them, and if theres a way to get back to my world. I'll give them a new life there. ” said Gerhard. Clearly sympathetic toward the children now orphanes.

“ Alright, sounds like you got a plan. But you'll need help so maybe we should bring them back to base. ” said Itami. He and Gerhard then look at the children and Itami said “ Don't worry ! Your in good hands ! ”

They then made plans to go to the JSDF base of operations