Chapter 8 : Italica.

Gerhard woke up to the sun shining, and the birds singing there forest songs and Gerhard stood up he found it difficult to rise up without the usual coffee that he would have had with him. But he accepted his situation.

Gerhard tried to make himself presentable, and he dawned his Brown Coat again and loading his Rifle, then in secret pockets he put his Journal and hide his camera inside his coat.

He then wore his hat and went out as he was walking however he happen to come across Lelei and Tuka who were putting dragon scales inside a JSDF jeep.

" Good morning Lelei. " Gerhard said. " I assume Your going to trade Dragon scales ? "

" Oh, hello Gerhard. And yes we're gonna sell this to get as much income as possible. " Lelei Explained.

Gerhard was quick to reply :
" Well, I know I thing or two about bartering and trading. So maybe I can help you two out. "

" That won't be necessary Gerhard, but your more then welcome to come along. " Lelei said.

" Then it's agreed, let's go to Italica then. " Gerhard Replied.
" With my car I can catch up "

Itami and Takeo were inside the car along with Rory Mercury. And the rest of the team.

" So the JSDF is a delivery Service now ? " asked Takeo.

" Yeah, and besides it could help us understand how they do trade around here. " said Itami. And shortly there after the JSDF convoy was on the move. With Gerhard following closely behind in his car.

As Gerhard looked back at Lelei who wanted to learn more about Gerhard she looked at an old Drawing Pad Gerhard had in the Back Seat of his car. And when she looked in that drawing bad she found a few pictures of Landscapes, nothing out of the ordinary. But one drawing stood out among the rest of Gerhard's drawings.

This drawing resembled a Man but with an octupos like head. With the tentacles of squids, and on its back were 2 great wings and there it stood on Gerhard's Drawing pad. And on the bottom left corner was written : Das Orakel.

Lelei looked at it with interest.
" Garhard, what is this... Drawing about. What is it ? " Lelei asked.

Gerhard replied : " That is the Oracle, he is an entity I encountered a few years ago while on an expedition to a few ancient ruins in the province of : Reichskommisar Sudland. "

" What is this... Oracle ? " asked Lelei.

But then Gerhard stopped the car
And looked over to the horizon and saw smoke. " Lelei, there's smoke over there. Is this common for travellers to make that big of a smoke pile ? "

" No, it looks man made. It looks like a flower. " said Lelei.

" I think you mean Fire Lelei. " Gerhard corrected.

" Fire... " Lelei said, as she tried to understand English. Which she did rather quickly.

" Wait here, I'm gonna do a little reconnaissance. " Gerhard said, he then placed his Rifle in the seat next to him and took the Luger Pistol to help presence Rifle ammunition.

Gerhard then exits the car and he moved ahead of the JSDF convoy. Crouching on the ground and there he saw a scene : a battle between what Gerhard could only assume to be defectors.
And on the walls were militiamen and what Gerhard can only assume to be a few female knights and male knights of some teutonic order.

Gerhard hide behind a small hill and observed the battle taking few pictures with his camera.

( Inside Italica. )

The defenders of Italica were getting desperate trying to hold back the tide of Saderan Defectors and bandits.

Princess Pina directed the battle.
" Archers, fire on the enemy ! " she shouted.

The archers opened fire, letting loose a Hale of Arrows killing Bandirs Left, right and center. Princess Pina saw an opening
" There Middle is Weak, Strike now ! " she shouted. And the defe sees pored down burning oil killing more of the bandits.

" That Bitch, Retreat ! " the Bandit leader shouted out.

The bandits began to wither and they began to retreat to fight yet again, and as for Pina she gave a sigh and she looked back at her Comrades " Norma, Hamilton are you alright !? " she asked.

" Alive and accounted for ma'am! " Hamilton replied. While Norma simply razed his hand.

" Well what about me ? You didn't bother to ask me if I was injured or not, it hurts my feelings. " Grey said.

And Princess Pina replied :
" After knowing you for so long, I know you're better then that Grey. " which caused Grey to laugh.

Soon after Princess Pina and Hamilton were walking down the stairs leading to the palace of Princess Myui. Hamilton asked.
" Your Majesty, why did we come here to fight a group of Bloodthirsty bandits ? "

Pina gritted her Teeth and said :
" Because we didn't have a choice, they raised the alarm letting everybody know they had armed forces trying to storm the walls, I thought it was the army from the other world and what did we find ? Soldiers from the other kingdoms gone Rough ! "

This caused everyone to look at her and Pina said to them :
" Listen to me, you have no time to be laying about. the bandits will be coming back, so it's time to Bury the dead and reinforce all the Gates ! " Pina then continued " The rest of my people are coming, there 3 days away if you can hold out that long then the order of the rose will avenge your fallen in battle ! 3 days ! "

Princess Pina then retired to the mansion of the mantion and rested for now. she would need all the energy she could muster if she were to hold the Line.

Meanwhile, Gerhard returned and informed the JSDF and it was decided that they would go ahead and enter Italica.

And there Gerhard and his JSDF friends would do terrible battle.