goodnight ; jb

You caught yourself nodding off for the umpteenth time, this time your head nearly hit the screen of your laptop, you were inches from the surface before you jolted yourself awake.

Groaning, you glared at the bright screen as if it was the cause of all of your problems. In a way, it was. Scrolling down you looked through the 15 out of 20 slides that were completed and the other 5 blank slides which seemed to wave at you tauntingly.

Sighing, you peeked at the time which was displayed on the bottom left of your laptop.

1:00 A.M

It was a small wonder you were still awake despite pumping yourself with caffeine and chocolate, it still wasn't enough to complete the assignment. If only your idiotic group members actually did some work, maybe you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

What you wouldn't give right now for just 5 minutes of closing your eyes. You felt sleep calling you, tugging at your exhausted mind, whispering temptations in your ear. You felt like your bed was waving at you from the corner of your eyes, inviting you to lie down.

Groaning, you couldn't focus with all these distractions. Standing up, hearing the scrape of the chair against the wooden floor as you did so, you gathered everything in your arms: papers, notes, laptop, charger and headed out to the living room, maybe you would have more success out there, instead of here in the bedroom where there were distractions in every other corner.

Dumping your laptop on the table, you proceeded to jot down a couple more notes to be inserted into the slides.

The demand for Product X has 500% in sales since the drama was released. This shows that celebrities and dramas play a role in influencing what we buy whether we realise it or not. This subtle marketing technique is called...

You didn't remember the exact moement where you had finally given into temptation. The last thing you saw was your cursor hovering over the Google search box, needing some data and statistics in order to support your claim. You ahd been going through some webistes and paragraphs of paragraphs of words and the next thing you knew, your head was pillowed on your arms, long hair spilling over your face and the screen was left unattended to as you slept.

One Hour Later

JB's POV

He numbly, unlocked the front door, his body aching and sweaty from the overtime he had pulled at practise. His bag strap was slowly cutting into his shoulder and it irritated him, as he pushed his hair back, impatiently unlocking the door before latching it behind him. Stepping out of his sneakers, he nearly sighed in relief as his feet met the carpeted floor of the living room.

Even as deliriously exhausted as he was, he noticed a small hunched figure in the living room, the bright light of her laptop shining on her hair, as her face was tucked in her arms, her body raising and falling evenly with each breath. Her notes, papers and stationery were a sprawled mess, covering each inch of the table, the wooden exterior not in sight and her laptop hummed as it took up the most space on the table.

Glancing at the clock he shook his head slowly as he noticed how late it was. (Y/N) was probably working late into the night. Again. Sighing, he dumped his back on the couch, wandering to the table, as he curiously took a look at the work she was burning the midnight oil for.

State how the influence of celebrities have increased sales of a certain product

A bunch of statistics accompanied with a cpation was displayed on the screen but that was all his tired eyes could take in. Knowing that she hated seeing her things messy, he bookmarked the website she was in, not knowing if she would want it tomorrow or not, before shutting off her computer before it drained itself of its battery. He then proceeded, as tired as he was, to clear up her notes, sorting them into neat piles that stacked up to be almost as tall as him. He swept her pens and pencils into her pencil box, zipping everything up neatly. Looking pleased with his housekeeping skills, he turned to address the much bigger problem: (Y/N) herself.

Carefully, ensuring he wouldn't wake her, he picked her up, cradling her carefully in his arms, hoping to high heaven that she didn't stir, he carried her all the way back to the bedroom where the lamp was still left on and a cup of cold coffee was left, most of its contents gone. Her head lolled in his arms, her face peaceful in sleep as a strand of hair stuck to her cheek. Gently, he laid her down on her side of the bed, she barely moved as he did, merely adjusting her body to accommodate with the far more comfortable position, sighing with content as she wriggled a bit before settling down again, her breaths continuing its steady rhythm.

Burshing the strand of her from her face he smiled sweetly as he apparaised her sleeping form. It was very rare for him to be able to see her like this. His heart ached to see how hard she worked balancing her studies at the same time. He had offered to help pay for her tuition as well as support her financially, he had more than enough money to share with her but she had been adamant, insisting that she wanted to know what it felt like to earn her own money. Her stubbornness was one of the things he loved about her. That and her determination, her relentless drive. But behind that determination was a different girl, one who could relax and laugh with ease and go with the wind if she wanted and Jaebum felt privileged that she allowed herself to be like that around him. It was one of the many things he really did love about her and he honestly didn't say it often enough.

Leaning down, his lips brushing against her skin faintly, he smiled. '(Y/N), don't sleep so late next time and don't overwork yourself,' forever nagging, of course he chastised her first befor his voice became infinitely softer, a she kisses her once on the cheek and then second on the lips. 'I love you, I don't say it as many times as I should but I really do love you,' he sighed, and not wishing to wake her further, he tucked her in, draping the blanket over her sleeping form.