surprise ; yugyeom

You dumped your armful of books, graph papers and geometrical sets on the table creating a raucous crash that echoed through the silent library. The librarian glared up at you from the top of her thick glasses, frowning, the rest of the occupants, glaring at you,  annoyance written on their faces. You were so tempted to stick your tongue out like a 5 year old but you resisted. Instead, you plopped yourself onto a chair and flipping open your Maths book, you picked up a pen, capping and uncapping it several times before putting it to paper.

'You're here early,' a voice teased, as you felt the light smack of a hand against your head.

'Nah you're just late,' you pointed out, as the boy opposite you dragged out a chair, dumping his own books, making much less of a chaotic entrance than yours.

He rolled your eyes, while taking a peek at your answer, flipping the page to the other side.

'Wait...' June muttered as his brow furrowed looking at your answer. 'We were supposed to do that page?" he asked.

'Yeah and the rest of the chapter,' you groaned, wanting to put your head in your arms although technically you had just gotten started.

'I can't believe I still have to do school work,' he groaned in unison with you, and you laughed at your desk mate.

'Yeah you might be famous and all but you're still a student you know,' you tossed him a sheet of graph paper, smiling. 'Get to work.'

3 hours passed and your hand felt like it was going to fall off after drawing endless graphs and lines of best fit.

'I want to get my hand amputated,' June muttered, he too was resting his hand, rotating his wrist, which like yours was aching. 

'Well, be my guest,' you somehow managed to still joke around.

'But then, my adoring fans would sob, how would I bless them with my angelic voice?" he stated sadly, burying his face in his hands in a form of mock sadness and distraught. 

Just as you were about to mime puking into one of your books,  your phone buzzed on the table, you had put it on vibrate mode after being chastised twice by the librarian after it had blared out 'Hard Carry' as your ringtone.

'I need to take this,' you excused yourself before, walking to the back of the library, where you wouldn't be under the glare of the witch of a librarian and might actually be able to talk above a whisper.

'Hey,' you greeted to the only person who could put a smile on your face.

'Are you at the library?" your boyfriend, Yugyeom asked.

'Yeah I'm probably going to be stuck here for the rest of the day, it's been 3 hours and I've only got a quarter of the work done,' you sighed.

'I'm really sor-,' he started but you cut him off with a tsk.

'We went through this already Yugyeom, it's fine you have your world tour to think about,' you reassured him.

'But still,' he insisted.

'Apologise to me one more time and I'm hanging up,' you warned and you could hear him chuckle from the other end of the line.

'Fine fine, I was just calling to see if you were okay,'

'I'm fine, although my hand hurts,' you admitted.

'Not as much as my feet,' he countered.

'True, true,' you chuckled. The amount of time that your boyfriend dedicated to his work made you feel guilty for the rest you had taken after the 3 hours of working your ass off.